Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent Care in Hilo
My wife has a really bad case of the flu and wanted to take her Urgent Care today since her regular doctor isn't open. But ...all the Urgent Cares in Hilo and Keaau don't take our mainland insurance (Aetna). Kona Urgent Care accepts it, Waimea Urgent Care takes it... all the Maui and Oahu Urgent Cares that I called take it....just Hilo. Why is that? Anyway..now were off to the Hospital emergency room so she can be seen. Long wait? Maybe. But at least they take our insurance.
Had the same problem couldn't find why >Had to pay out pocket then file claim and Aenta pay me back..

jrw
jrw
You are better off at the ER. I took my wife to Urgent Care for flu symptoms, they said she didn't have it and sent her home. I took her to the ER and they rushed her in for suspected sepsis and after an x-ray confirmed double pneumonia and immediately started IV antibiotics. Probably saved her life.

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.
I have an Aetna subsidiary and have always paid and got reimbursed for urgent care. Except once, some code changed so the insurance got denied. It went on for months (as is usual in all my insurance cases)but in the end they wouldn't pay because a new time limit on claims expired. Another time, When I took daughter to emergency, they asked for street address, and for one bill only (each procedure triggered a different bill), proceeded to mail out the bill to nowhere. Went to collection before I even realized I had to pay. Or maybe in prompted another round of insurance calls--I can't remember.You can't design a worse system for users.
Keaau Urgent Care also told me they did not take my insurance. They still copied the insurance card, along with my Medicare info. I paid my $20 co-pay and left. Last week I received notice that the claim was indeed filed and everything paid. Now I've been trying to contact their billing people to get my $20 back, but nobody answers or returns calls.
get my $20 back, but nobody answers

Correct: they already have your money. Be glad it's only $20.

Go in person

HPP

HPP
Sounds like yet another reason to consider a single payer health care system.
"Now I've been trying to contact their billing people to get my $20 back"

Why would you get the $20 back ? It was a copay.

They way mine works is medicare gets billed 1st and then medicare sends it along to your insurance for whatever amount they will pay.
Yes. Mine works the same way. And my insurance pays the entire amount that Medicare does not (and that includes the $20 co-pay I fronted the clinic, as it was part of my over all charge.) So I expect that back.
And they did call back ten minutes after my first post here, so all is taken care of....
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

"Now I've been trying to contact their billing people to get my $20 back"

Why would you get the $20 back ? It was a copay.

They way mine works is medicare gets billed 1st and then medicare sends it along to your insurance for whatever amount they will pay.