Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent Care in Hilo
quote:
Originally posted by glinda

Sounds like yet another reason to consider a single payer health care system.

When the US Government runs healthcare: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_H...al_of_2014

"CNN reported on April 30, 2014 that at least 40 United States Armed Forces veterans died while waiting for care at the Phoenix, Arizona, Veterans Health Administration facilities."

The "fix" was allowing veterans to seek care outside the single-payer system.
FYI...Glad we went to the Emergency Room. After stabilizing her....and after a ct-scan and a few test, wife has Pneumonia in the left lung. They then gave her some medication to fight the infection. Hilo Medical Center is considered an "in-network" provider so our insurance paid everything including the co-pay. And we got in right away...they saw us right away...and we were out and back home in 4 hours. Very impressed
The "fix" was allowing veterans to seek care outside the single-payer system.

When I woke up this morning I had a voicemail on my cell phone from Arizona. A nurse in the oncology unit at a hospital called the wrong number (me) and left a message saying they’d have to cancel an appointment for radiation therapy today because insurance wouldn’t pay for it. I don’t know the details, but it doesn’t sound like a system that’s working in the best interest of the patient.

I called back to let the them know they reached a wrong number, so they could call their patient before the sick fellow traveled from his home to the hospital where he’d discover he couldn’t receive the care he needed.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I just found out that a friend who lives at the bottom of OLE has also been diagnosed with pneumonia. That makes 3 known cases in this forum in the last few days . Is there any connecting factor, or is this just a bad coincidence ?
My wife's pneumonia was about a year ago, also during flu season. She had the flu test (twice) and was negative both times, however the CDC lists the accuracy of the test as low as 50%, so two negative swabs is relatively meaningless except to the clinic profiting from the test. I don't know if pneumonia or other respiratory issues here is a "thing" or not. I had respiratory problems in Oregon and Alaska that cleared up after I moved here even after adding vog to the recipe.