Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP BIZ: Part the third
And it says “involved” in a lawsuit against the association. It doesn’t say they have to be the Plaintiff, therefore anyone on the side of the plaintiff who is named In the lawsuit , cannot serve the association. I wonder what that does for the GM and Crelly.

KP
KP
“When your hate is louder than your love, your words have no meaning!”
That's absolutely correct KPHawaii....and that's a good question.

KP, bad day? I didn’t touch your Cheerios. I feel you are a little Bent ? cause I HIGHLIGHTED “ YOUR GROUP NOT BEING DIRECTORS? IF WHAT OBIE HAS POSTED IS ACTUALLY FACT - THEN THAT BOGUS MEETING THE MERMAID AND OTHER DIRECTOR CALLED WHERE THEY APPOINTING YOU AND OTHERS AS PUPPET DIRECTORS. YES OPINION ****UNLESS THE COURT HAS RECOGNIZED THAT CRAIG CRELLY ‘S CONSTITUENTS VOTED HIM IN AND ACCORDING TO THE BYLAWS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN REMOVE HIM! I FIND IT COINCIDENTAL THESE SAME 2 DIRECTORS KEPT MR CRELLY OUT OF HIS DISTRICT SEAT BACK IN THE 2018 ELECTION.
Obie just walked you into it you contradict yourself like the mermaid of your opinion is fact but others fact must be opinions?
Back on the discussion??? when Have I ever said the annual audit was a forensic audit? I’m with the many other members that DO NOT WANT OUR ROAD DUES TO THE TUNE OF $200,000.00 PLUS FOR HPP TO HAVE A FORENSIC AUDIT THAT BY THE WAY THE FORENSIC AUDITOR DID SAY AT CHANCE IF ANY LOSSES ARE FOUND RECOUPING WOULD BE SLIM - YOU WERE NOT PRESENT AT THE MEETINGS . THE FORENSIC AUDITOR STATED HIS PRICING AND THE SLIM CHANCE OF RECOVERING ANY MONIES!
I easily can be your punching bag feel free my opinions and facts won’t change
It is also apparent to me we all should be more concerned with more serious issues in the world ( The entire community) rather than bickering . The Court will have the final word.

"I don’t have the link. It’s in the legal docs for the association. I’m sure someone you know has a copy. "

Is this the dream of Mermaid that never got adopted ?

"I quoted it direct from the Policy."

How ? From memory.
more serious issues in the world ( The entire community) rather than bickering

Gee, like maybe take this fight to the County so they can stop screwing over all the Puna subdivisions?

Yeah, bickering is obviously more important.
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

"I don’t have the link. It’s in the legal docs for the association. I’m sure someone you know has a copy. "

Is this the dream of Mermaid that never got adopted ?

"I quoted it direct from the Policy."

How ? From memory.

HPP BOD Meeting Minutes – July 20, 2016

II. Roll Call: Board of Directors:
Craig Crelly, President (District 6), Jo Maynard, Vice President (District 5), Ruth Mizuba (District 2), Janice Ashford (District 7) Paul Wheeless, Secretary (District 3)-[outgoing/VACANCY-open for volunteer], Randi Larzalere (District 8), Larry Kawaauhau (District 1)-[Incoming], Floyd Branchfield (District 9)-[Incoming], David Pettijohn (District8), John Rudolf (District 4)Absent: Outgoing: BJ Mullenix (District 9), Francis Ganon (District 1)

Page 3 of 43.

XIII. New Business

1. Approve Conflict of interest policy – no changes have been made to it since the 2010 revision. David Pettijohn (District 8) moved to adopt the policy. Jo Maynard (District 5) seconded the motion. Vote: Yes-8. Unanimous. Motion carried.

2. Craig Crelly (District 3) moved to approve use of the latest edition of Roberts Rules of order 2011. Randi Larzalere (District 6) seconded the motion. Vote: Yes-8. Unanimous. Motion carried.

3.Oil Spill Road Clean-up – A Soil Report that states that there’s oil in the ground and it needs to be taken care of,along with a cost proposal by a certified professional was distributed –Janice Ashford (District 7) moved to approve the oil clean-up for the estimate of $8,593.58 and not to exceed $10,000. Jo Maynard seconded the motion. Discussion: The State inspector comes, they dig out the area, load it into plastic to a truck, which then dumps it at a special waste site in Kona. Then they will have to go back in and fill the area with base course and things it needs to restore it. The Department of Health said it has to be cleaned up.
Vote: Yes-7, no-0, Abstain-1 (Floyd Branchfield/District 9). Motion carried

The bylaws for conflict of interest hadn't been changed since 2010. The Conflict of Interest Policy which is dated in Jul 2016 was voted on at this board meeting.
Ok here's the court info that I paid for and downloaded.It was posted to the Judiciary website on March 2nd but the decision was rendered back in Oct.Once it's posted it's public information.

Mermaid has been hiding this info from everyone since Oct.

ORDER DENYING DEFENDANTS" MOTION FOR PARTIAL SUMMARY
JUDGMENT AS TO THE RESIGNATION OF FORMER DIRECTOR CRAIG CRELLY FILED ON AUGUST 20, 2019
HAWAIIAN PARADISE PARK OWNERS ASSOCIATION; MAYELIN STILLWELL; LESLIE BLYTH; JOHN DOES 1-10; JANE DOES 1-10, DOE PARTNERSHIPS 1-10; DOE CORPORATIONS 1-10; DOE GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIES 1-10; AND DOE ENTITIES 1-10, Defendants.
Hearing Date: October 3, 2019 Time: 8:30 a.m. Judge: Hon. Greg K. Nakamura No trial date set.

ORDER DENYING DEFENDANTS' MOTION FOR PARTIAL SUMMARY JUDGMENT AS TO THE RESIGNATION OF FORMER DIRECTOR CRAIG CRELLY FILED ON AUGUST 20, 2019
Defendants' Motion For Partial Summary Judgment As to the Resignation of Former Director Craig Crelly filed on August 20, 2019, having come on for hearing on October 3, 2019, at 8:30 a.m. before the Honorable Greg K. Nakamura, Judge of the above entitled Court, with
Paul K. Hamano, Esq. appearing on behalf of Plaintiff LARRY KAWAAUHAU, and Terrance
M. Revere, Esq. appearing on behalf of Defendants HAWAIIAN PARADISE PARK OWNERS ASSOCIATION, MAYELIN STILLWELL, and LESLIE BLYTH, and the Court having duly considered the Motion, the memoranda in support and in opposition thereof, the declarations and
exhibits, the oral arguments of counsel, and the records and pleadings in this case, and for good
cause shown:

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that Defendants' Motion shall be, and is hereby DENIED without prejudice.
DATED: Hilo, Hawaii
JUDGE OF THE ABOVE ENTITLED COURT
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE THIRD CIRCUIT
STATE OF HAWAII
LARRY KAWAAUHAU;
Civil No. 19-1-0184 (Other Civil Action) (Hilo)
Plaintiffs,
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
vs.
HAWAIIAN PARADISE PARK OWNERS ASSOCIATION; MAYELIN STILLWELL; LESLIE BLYTH; JOHN DOES 1-10; JANE DOES 1-10, DOE PARTNERSHIPS 1-10; DOE CORPORATIONS 1-10; DOE GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIES 1-10; AND DOE ENTITIES 1-10,
Defendants.
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
The undersigned hereby certifies that a true and correct copy of the foregoing document
was duly served on the following counsel via the JEFS electronic filling, on the date stated
below:
REVERE & ASSOCIATES, LLLC Terrance M. Revere, Esq. 970 N. Kalaheo Avenue, Suite A301 Kailua, Hawaii 96734
Attorney for Defendants HAWAIIAN PARADISE PARK OWNERS ASSOCIATION, MAYELIN STILLWELL, and LESLIE BLYTH
DATED: Hilo. Hawaii. 02-27-20
PAUL K. HAMANO Attorney for Plaintiff Larry Kawaauhau
quote:
Originally posted by Stillwater

I’m with the many other members that DO NOT WANT OUR ROAD DUES TO THE TUNE OF $200,000.00 PLUS FOR HPP TO HAVE A FORENSIC AUDIT THAT BY THE WAY THE FORENSIC AUDITOR DID SAY AT CHANCE IF ANY LOSSES ARE FOUND RECOUPING WOULD BE SLIM - YOU WERE NOT PRESENT AT THE MEETINGS . THE FORENSIC AUDITOR STATED HIS PRICING AND THE SLIM CHANCE OF RECOVERING ANY MONIES!
I easily can be your punching bag feel free my opinions and facts won’t change

If true, maybe you should've thought twice about resigning and putting HPPOA into a pricey lawsuit with your renegade friends. I heard the numbers the past treasurer - YOU, were telling people on the forensic audit price tag is BOGUS and you keep raising the price tag. It's all BOGUS. Any ways now we'll need a forensic audit after the coup so we know what's been going on. IRONIC.

"The bylaws for conflict of interest hadn't been changed since 2010."

Here's the bylaw.I notice that each board shall annually adopt a policy that includes what is posted below.If a previous board had a stricter policy it became void with the new board until they have a meeting.
There is nothing in this bylaw about lawsuits.

Section 11. Conflict of Interest. The board shall annually adopt a Conflict of Interest Policy that applies
to all board members and Association employees. The policy shall include the following:
(a) No member of the board shall vote at any board meeting on any issue in which such member has a
conflict of interest. The director shall disclose the nature of the conflict of interest prior to a vote at the
board meeting, and the minutes of the meeting shall record the fact that a disclosure was made.
(b) Any after-the-fact disclosure of a conflict of interest on the part of any director shall result in the
nullification of any relevant vote of the director and shall be grounds for dismissal from the board.