Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP BIZ: Part the third
You know mermaid you taped them all .....executive sessions too I’d bet
Kalakoa was spot on follow the rules simple as that ,why not stop with your opinions and patiently wait for the court to answer your questions
quote:
Originally posted by Stillwater

You know mermaid you taped them all .....executive sessions too I’d bet
Kalakoa was spot on follow the rules simple as that ,why not stop with your opinions and patiently wait for the court to answer your questions

Lots of deflection Stillwater.

What facts do you have to accuse me of recording executive session meetings? More deflection. Throw the rock over there so people won't look over here? C'mon Stillwater. You put it out there...and now I'm asking YOU which meeting you're referring to regarding the forensic auditor?

Actually kalakoa said "Move to Hawaiian Acres, where everyone follows their own rules" in response to KPHawaii who said: "JUST FOLLOW THE RULES!"
Actually kalakoa said

Scroll back and you'll find "Published rules aren't that hard to follow".

Not that any of it matters, as these forums can attest -- it's pretty clear that HPP can't, or won't, or doesn't want to, manage itself as a professional homeowners' association, whose sole purpose consists of (1) collect money from landowners (2) spend that money improving the roads used by those landowners.

Maybe ask some of the other subdivisions how they manage to do this without drama and lawsuits? I'm most fascinated by Ainaloa, which is somehow able to pave a new road about every year. Hawaiian Acres is even simpler: no dues - no roads - too bad.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

Actually kalakoa said

Scroll back and you'll find "

Not that any of it matters, as these forums can attest -- it's pretty clear that HPP can't, or won't, or doesn't want to, manage itself as a professional homeowners' association, whose sole purpose consists of (1) collect money from landowners (2) spend that money improving the roads used by those landowners.

Maybe ask some of the other subdivisions how they manage to do this without drama and lawsuits? I'm most fascinated by Ainaloa, which is somehow able to pave a new road about every year. Hawaiian Acres is even simpler: no dues - no roads - too bad.

Yes you did precede that post with "Published rules aren't that hard to follow", which I responded to.

There are other subdivisions with drama and lawsuits. But you're right about Ainaloa paving one new road a year. The roads that are about a decade old still look great. Their easements are solid and professional looking. The same contractor does the striping and speed bumps. He could've put in a bid but didn't.

Day Lum made a comment at one of our membership meetings saying with the kind of income we have, we should be able to pave at least one mile a year. That was the intent until a new board came along in 2014/2015 and decided to do several miles of chip seal. There's a lot of maintenance on those chip seal roads now.

The membership voted to send ballots out in Feb 2018 to get full membership vote to research professional management.
He could've put in a bid but didn't.

Gee, why would anyone not want to work for HPP?

There's a lot of maintenance on those chip seal roads now.

I believe that was exactly the point -- it's quite the "investment" (for "someone").
Correction: The membership majority vote in Feb 2018, (the Acts of the Association/membership) was to start researching different professional management companies for possible hire. A membership committee was formed at that time to do the research.

There's a lot of maintenance on those chip seal roads now.

I believe that was exactly the point -- it's quite the "investment" (for "someone").

HPP absorbs the cost because the chip seal work was done by our road crew, which is why regular road and easement maint suffered for a couple years at least. HPP contracted the vendor's equipment operator and use of their chip seal equipment, and was responsible for it's storage. Any issues were HPP's responsibility. I believe applying only 1 layer of chip seal was a bad decision, and I have no idea who made that decision as most of chip seal business wasn't done in open session. One mile one layer = approx $80,000. Prior to Jul 2014, a previous board said chip seal wasn't a good option for HPP because of our climate, topography and traffic.

The Finance Committee advised the board to shut the chip seal work down in the fall of 2017 before the conclusion of Phase 1, after the FC was finally allowed access to look at the contract that was almost 2 yrs old. Our bylaws state the FC is to review all contracts at 6 months. The prior majority board was non transparent about this which is why they hadn't seen it all that time.

The vendor had no contractors license and lacked proper insurance. There were members on the majority board who argued not to shut it down since there was 1/2 mile to go. Common sense prevailed since the liability was exposed out in the open at a board meeting. The board didn't sign a contract for Phase 2.
Since Mermaid is making all of these allegations and we are only hearing her side of things I thought I should post something new from the court case.This is public information that was uploaded 2 days ago.
This an excerpt from a statement and explains why HPPOA is in court:

Defendant MAYELIN STILLWELL has engaged in the following behavior during her tenure as a director of HPPOA:

a. engaged in disruptive behavior during HPPOA director meetings, yelling at board members and threatening lawsuits while walking out of the meeting;

b. intentionally disobeying directives issued by the board of directors and deceiving the board;

c. harassing and yelling at HPPOA employees and engaging the use of video cameras and audio devices to interrogate employees, and threatening employees with reprimand;

d. harassing and accusing a long serving recording secretary of HPPOA of lying which caused the employee to quit, which hampered the work of the directors since they could not find a replacement and no official meetings could be conducted without a qualified recording secretary which forced the board to pass a resolution seeking judicial relief from its By-Laws relating to the qualifications of the recording secretary.

e. without any board authority, visiting the bank where HPPOA money accounts are held and inquiring about changes to HPPOA's signatory authorization;

f. releasing to the public at large on social media the business of HPPOA and disparaging the operations of HPPOA and its directors.
Aloha HPP members,

I obviously struck a nerve with Obie since she is personally involved in the lawsuit. She's obsessed with discrediting and smearing me.

The discussion about chip seal has always struck a nerve with Obie as well and I don't understand since she claims she's a he and has lived in Kapoho all these years, AND we've never met. I know this person and she knows me...hence the animosity over HPP politics since her spouse got on the board.

The attorneys said the lawsuit threw everything but the kitchen sink. When it comes time for the evidentiary hearing, Obie and her crew will have to provide evidence. The plaintiff himself has missed most board meetings in his 3 yrs on the board so his allegations are hearsay.

I'm not surprised that Obie would stoop to gutter level here as she is filled with hate and fear....this is just more of her smear campaign.
He, she, likes you doesn’t like you.. What does it matter? Is there evidence of these allegations? Rules set forth in the bylaws and directors code of conduct . Has to make any HPP member look at both sides of conversation in this forum . It’s not stooping to gutter level if there’s truth to it and there is evidence to back it up.And now we wait for the court to make that decision.
"I'm not surprised that Obie would stoop to gutter level here as she is filled with hate and fear....this is just more of her smear campaign."

How could a copy of a court document that is in the public domain and that I paid for be considered gutter level ?