Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP BIZ: Part the third
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

"I may be naive and a Pollyanna"

This is the only thing you have posted that I agree with.

I’m glad I gave you something we can agree on. I also know I’ve given you some things to think about.

KP
“Just follow the rules”
KP
“When your hate is louder than your love, your words have no meaning!”
quote:
Originally posted by Seeb

I have an idea for a solution. To have as many people as possible post on every social media platform to not buy property in HPP until the board is back in compliance with the bylaws and an audit has been done.
The real estate brokers ( the real power here) would force it to happen

What I’ve been saying is it should be a part of the disclosure. This information is relevant and material. Anyone buying a house in a dysfunctional subdivision has the right to know. Anything otherwise could be the basis for a lawsuit.

Puna: Our roosters crow first
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I was on a dysfunctional board many years ago. Due to financial problems they had just fired the manager and had hired a series of board members to manage the store. They had just hired a competent manager when I came on board.

They had only been doing an annual audit for over 20 years so the inventory showed on the books as: starting, plus purchases, minus sales. Since those figures added up they paid the accountant $800. done. No one had ever done an annual inventory for those audits.

The new manager asked for a forensic audit, and the inventory discrepancy was huge.
The old board members immediately accused the new manager of stealing all that was missing.
I had been at tent sales over the years and had witnessed people loading their own trucks with extra everything and no one was watching. Sales were handled at a table and no record of what sold was kept, so all that stuff was still carried in inventory.
I was the only accountant on the board, and defended the manager, because much of what was missing had been stolen or discarded over many years, it was just that nobody kept tract.

The moral of this story is if you want to know what is going on you need to do more than pay $800. to have someone check your second grade arithmetic.

FYI they went bankrupt.
quote:
Originally posted by KPHawaii

quote:

I’m glad I gave you something we can agree on. I also know I’ve given you some things to think about.

KP
“Just follow the rules”

Here is something for you to think about.Mermaid is a cancer attacking HPPOA.
I don't understand how you can believe a thing she says.

Here is a link to a functional board.This is the board from VHCA and they are still meeting and working for a community that is now buried under 80 feet of lava.They were all at the county Council chambers yesterday.

http://www.vhca.info/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

P.S. Most of them now reside in HPP and none want anything to do with the HPP board.

quote:
Originally posted by BillyB

I was on a dysfunctional board many years ago. Due to financial problems they had just fired the manager and had hired a series of board members to manage the store. They had just hired a competent manager when I came on board.

They had only been doing an annual audit for over 20 years so the inventory showed on the books as: starting, plus purchases, minus sales. Since those figures added up they paid the accountant $800. done. No one had ever done an annual inventory for those audits.

The new manager asked for a forensic audit, and the inventory discrepancy was huge.
The old board members immediately accused the new manager of stealing all that was missing.
I had been at tent sales over the years and had witnessed people loading their own trucks with extra everything and no one was watching. Sales were handled at a table and no record of what sold was kept, so all that stuff was still carried in inventory.
I was the only accountant on the board, and defended the manager, because much of what was missing had been stolen or discarded over many years, it was just that nobody kept tract.

The moral of this story is if you want to know what is going on you need to do more than pay $800. to have someone check your second grade arithmetic.

FYI they went bankrupt.

Good information. Curious; how far back would you suggest HPPOA goes if they would follow the membership vote of performing a forensic analysis? And would you suggest one every year after that?

I know the yearly audit is a lot more than $800, just FYI.

Thanks for the input.

KP
“Just follow the rules”
KP
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KPHawaii

quote:

KP
“Just follow the rules”

Here is something for you to think about.Mermaid is a cancer attacking HPPOA.
I don't understand how you can believe a thing she says.

Here is a link to a functional board.This is the board from VHCA and they are still meeting and working for a community that is now buried under 80 feet of lava.They were all at the county Council chambers yesterday.

http://www.vhca.info/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

P.S. Most of them now reside in HPP and none want anything to do with the HPP board.

Obie, Obie, Obie...I’ll say this as nicely as I can. Unless you’re 10 years old with not too much life experience, you’re comments sure don’t sound like an older gentleman and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I cannot understand how someone who has never met Mermaid, nor been to BOD meetings or Membership meetings, and is new to HPP, could possibly have so much hate in his heart. There certainly isn’t anything in the past minutes to make me believe that’s where you get your info. You don’t know Stillwater yet you both usually pipe up around the same time and have the same hatred. I know what you say has no credibility with me when you sling mud and not facts. This is the reason I’ve only been able to talk with Mermaid and like minded people. They don’t speak with hate, never have, to me anyway. They always speak of moving on to get the association back on track. They were willing to work with the past president and Crelly, but they refused.

I understand Mermaid’s struggle with the ex board. I know she has tried her best to look out for the association. I know she has met challenges all the way. I also know a board of 8 or 9 can certainly move forward without 2. I know she follows the ByLaws as best she can. I know she’s willing to listen to opposing points. I know she doesn’t appreciate being called names, who does? I know, given the chance without so much hatred from the ex board, she could help move forward. There’s a lot more I know but too much to mention here.

Let’s be reasonable, talk facts or not talk at all.

KP
“Just follow the rules”
KP
Facts :

There has been a longstanding controversy regarding the actions of two board of directors of HPPOA, Defendants MAYELIN STILLWELL and LESLIE BLYTH.

Despite being formally reprimanded by the board of directors of HPPOA, these two Defendants continued in their disruptive behavior. This
resulted in board members quitting their posts, which finally resulted in the wholesale resignation of five members in June of 2019.

7. As the last duly elected president of the HPPOA Board, I felt compelled in my role
as a director and president of the Board of HPPOA to institute this action on behalf of HPPOA to have a court of law intervene into the affairs of HPPOA because of the disruption and chaos that
directors STILLWELL and BLYTH had brought about into the affairs of HPPOA.
8. Defendant MAYELIN STILLWELL has engaged in the following behavior during
her tenure as a director of HPPOA:
a. engaged in disruptive behavior during HPPOA director meetings, yelling at board
members and threatening lawsuits while walking out of the meeting;
b. intentionally disobeying directives issued by the board of directors and deceiving the
board;
c. harassing and yelling at HPPOA employees and engaging the use of video cameras
and audio devices to interrogate employees, and threatening employees with reprimand;
d. harassing and accusing a long serving recording secretary of HPPOA of lying which
cau
caused the employee to quit, which hampered the work of the directors since they could not find
a replacement and no official meetings could be conducted without a qualified recording
secretary which forced the board to pass a resolution seeking judicial relief from its By-Laws
relating to the qualifications of the recording secretary.
e. without any board authority, visiting the bank where HPPOA money accounts are
held and inquiring about changes to HPPOA's signatory authorization;
f. releasing to the public at large on social media the business of HPPOA and disparaging the operations of HPPOA and its directors.

At the very least can you see that Mermaid has done this ?

f. releasing to the public at large on social media the business of HPPOA and disparaging the operations of HPPOA and its directors.

Do you all know that Mermaid rewrote the candidate form and inserted a conflict of interest of her own doing ?
See then disqualified Craig Crelly on her on and removed him from the ballot.

Where can you find that in the bylaws.
Pretty sure a director can't do things like that on their own.

Did you know that Mermaid is also responsible for not having any meeting minutes posted because she won't allow them to be approved because every time they try she wants to change what she said.Seems like she is ok with her outbursts at meetings but when she sees them in writing, not so much.
quote:

Facts :

There has been a longstanding controversy regarding the actions of two board of directors of HPPOA, Defendants MAYELIN STILLWELL and LESLIE BLYTH.

Despite being formally reprimanded by the board of directors of HPPOA, these two Defendants continued in their disruptive behavior. This
resulted in board members quitting their posts, which finally resulted in the wholesale resignation of five members in June of 2019.

7. As the last duly elected president of the HPPOA Board, I felt compelled in my role
as a director and president of the Board of HPPOA to institute this action on behalf of HPPOA to have a court of law intervene into the affairs of HPPOA because of the disruption and chaos that
directors STILLWELL and BLYTH had brought about into the affairs of HPPOA.
8. Defendant MAYELIN STILLWELL has engaged in the following behavior during
her tenure as a director of HPPOA:
a. engaged in disruptive behavior during HPPOA director meetings, yelling at board
members and threatening lawsuits while walking out of the meeting;
b. intentionally disobeying directives issued by the board of directors and deceiving the
board;
c. harassing and yelling at HPPOA employees and engaging the use of video cameras
and audio devices to interrogate employees, and threatening employees with reprimand;
d. harassing and accusing a long serving recording secretary of HPPOA of lying which
cau
caused the employee to quit, which hampered the work of the directors since they could not find
a replacement and no official meetings could be conducted without a qualified recording
secretary which forced the board to pass a resolution seeking judicial relief from its By-Laws
relating to the qualifications of the recording secretary.
e. without any board authority, visiting the bank where HPPOA money accounts are
held and inquiring about changes to HPPOA's signatory authorization;

At the very least can you see that Mermaid has done this ?

This is not for me to speculate. I deal with facts as best I can. Again, these are mere accusations from someone who was not even there most of the time and who, along with others, has been known to show violent behavior, and who is illegally holding the entire association hostage and spending our money without authorization. So, no I cannot SEE Mermaid has done this and chances are neither can you or Larry Kawaauhau, the plaintiff.

Look, I don’t really care who is right and who is wrong or who wins or loses. I just want us to get back on track so the association members stop losing. Sadly, it looks like it could be a long time.

KP
“Just follow the rules”
KP
quote:

Do you all know that Mermaid rewrote the candidate form and inserted a conflict of interest of her own doing ?
See then disqualified Craig Crelly on her on and removed him from the ballot.

Where can you find that in the bylaws.
Pretty sure a director can't do things like that on their own.

Did you know that Mermaid is also responsible for not having any meeting minutes posted because she won't allow them to be approved because every time they try she wants to change what she said.Seems like she is ok with her outbursts at meetings but when she sees them in writing, not so much.

Can you show me where this is documented since I didn’t see it or read it anywhere? What are your reliable sources? I’d like to read them.

How can one board member “disqualify Craig Crelly on her own”. And gosh, if two people suing the association can do what they are doing on their own, why not? No! I don’t believe anyone should be able to act on their own, especially if they CANNOT serve the association at the same time as suing the association.

KP
“Just follow the rules”
KP