Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelves at Costco, Target, Walmart, etc. lately?
Time to do a normal Costco run, but not sure if it’s worth it. Last I read here, it was somewhat over run. Anyone been over recently? Crowded but doable? Or are they out of a lot of stuff anyway?

Cheers,
Kirt

Edit subject title
I think they should close the food court over there.

Puna: Our roosters crow first
Puna: Our roosters crow first
If I may make a suggestion, perhaps you can change the title to something more inclusive of other shopping venues as I'll post about Long's at the end of this one.

I went to Costco a few weeks ago and got extra and it was pretty bad. I drove by there yesterday on the way to somewhere else and there were lines of cars on the street waiting to get into the parking lot so people could drive around and around waiting for somebody to leave. It looked like a nightmare.

I talked to a co-worker who DID go yesterday and she said they were out of all the paper goods except for napkins. No TP or paper towels. She said the end of the checkout lanes was in the meat department at the back of the store. She said it was a nightmare.

A friend of mine on Kauai said the Costco was out of all paper goods but had just got a container that they were planning to unload.

I went to Long's in Pahoa today and all the TP was sold out except the single rolls and a 6 pack of "mega rolls" they were selling for, are you sitting down? $16.00. Also, all the cheap vodka was sold out.

ETA: In the past I've called Costco and they told me whether or not they had specific items in stock / for sale. But they wouldn't let me buy them on the phone / hold them for me. If you DO go, I would go with somebody who can drop you off on the street while you shop and try to find parking. If they don't find any they can just loop around until you come out. When I went there were cars illegally parked everywhere. I think that parking is 1/2 the battle and the limiting factor to how many people are in the store. The only way to "hack" that is to go with a friend who can eliminate the parking side of the equation.
Thanks, terracore!

Cheers,
Kirt
From facebook 1 hour ago

Current update: Costco has Clorox wipes, water, toilet paper and paper towels. The lines are long and the parking lot is crazy but if you need those things, they have!
I went into Walmart yesterday at 5:30 am. They open at 5.

T.P. racks were almost empty but everything else seemed in stock. I wasn't shopping for T.P. or sanitizing stuff.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

From facebook 1 hour ago

Current update: Costco has Clorox wipes, water, toilet paper and paper towels. The lines are long and the parking lot is crazy but if you need those things, they have!

Hurry before the containers are empty. I wonder if Cost-U-Less has any?
The trouble with toilet paper and paper towels is that it is so bulky. One container of tp, wouldn't fill the shelf at Walmart. I couldn't imagine how many containers it takes to fill Costco.
The latest from Amazon. They are shipping, but with some workers taking leave, orders are filled slower than usual:

Some fulfillment center employees may not be showing up to work. Earlier this month, Amazon relaxed its attendance policy for warehouse workers, allowing them to take unlimited unpaid time off through the month of March.

* Amazon said many household items are out of stock due to increased demand as the coronavirus spreads across the U.S.
* The company also warned shipping times are slower due to the high demand for online shopping.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/coronavi...layed.html
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Reportedly the Kona costco is only allowing 50 customers in the store at a time.