Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harbor Bathrooms Trashed Statewide
https://bigislandnow.com/2020/04/02/harb...statewide/

What the hell is wrong with people ?
Hard to blame DNLR I guess but it adds to a long, long string of DLNR failures over the decades.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
The BIN piece indicated obliquely that the harbor toilets were kept open for and vandalized by the "homeless community." While many of the homeless have mental illness issues, it's no excuse. I would say arrests should be made, but we all know they would be back on the streets in hours.
There is nothing to implicate the homeless that I read. Hard to imagine a state wide homeless strategy to trash the restrooms. Just as likely it was done by some connected boat owners pissed that the harbors are closed.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
This is why we can't have nice things.
This is why we can't have nice things.

At the root of it this is why we have a pandemic.

Kindness, compassion, and respect are powerful things when intrinsically woven into government policy. Their absence is equally as powerful. Our response, from the get go, would have been entirely different if we had, collectively, been guided by our humanity.
The harbors aren't closed. I see fishing boats going out all the time.
They want to open hotels for the homeless if you own a hotel would you open it up for this. I am sorry to say most homeless people dont do this but there is few. I work in brand new public building in Alaska and you wouldn't believe what some of the people did to the bathrooms. Why do you think business will not let the public use their bathrooms
jrw
jrw
The article says bathrooms were vandalized with graffiti, broken tp dispensers, and debris stuffed into toilets. My guess is as bad as anyone else’s, but that doesn’t sound like acts perpetrated by homeless people. Wouldn’t it be advantageous for them to have a bathroom for their use? If so, why would they make it unusable?

Sounds more like senseless vandalism to me.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
if you own a hotel would you open it up for this

Depends how much the bailout payments are.