Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
USPS delivery times ?
Hmm, no overtime for the USPS + all mail voting...
(07-16-2020, 08:04 AM)eightfingers2.0 Wrote: Problem with some bills (Spectrum are you listening?) is they only give you nine or ten days from the date you receive the statement until it’s due. We send in payments the day we receive the bills.
I’m thinking about a different way of paying, but I don’t trust any of them enough for the “auto pay” option.

We use email billing and autopay by credit card with Spectrum, and have had no problems.  The email comes well in advance of the pay date, so we can see what they will be charging, and our credit card company protects us in case of hacks or errors.
I don’t trust any of them enough for the “auto pay” option.

I still receive a paper bill from Spectrum, but I pay online.  They provide an option for either a one time payment or autopay.  I make the one time payment so I know what’s charged each month, and notice any billing changes immediately.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Best part about Amazon's recent slow shipping. I have now received about $150 of products free because they reached out to me, apologizing to me claiming possible lost shipments. I took the refund and days or weeks later, the product eventually arrived anyway.
I usually get an email from them with instructions on how to send the duplicate item back to them or else they will charge me for another, or if its a case where I got a refund instructions on how to return it with same threat of charging card.
I have not received any emails from them wanting items back - maybe because they generally show up 2+ weeks later?
I have not received any emails from them wanting items back -

I think there is a backlog in their system.  I have several items on the Amazon Orders page showing they were not delivered, and I can request a refund.
I did receive the boxes however, and if I check the USPS web site it shows delivery was made.  At some point the info at Amazon may be updated I would assume, when things settle down.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
(07-16-2020, 10:05 PM)leilanidude Wrote: Best part about Amazon's recent slow shipping . . . 
Amazon has bought a sizable piece of property in the Sand Island industrial area of Honolulu.  New distribution possibilities?  Here's a link, but these locally produced pieces often quickly go behind the Star-Advertiser's pay wall:

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/07/18/hawaii-news/amazon-buys-servco-lot/
Over the last few weeks I've been getting more "final notices" in my PO Box for items that I never received an original notice for.

Obviously, if I had received the original notice they would have given the item to me after making me wait in line. It's not like I get 5 parcel notices in my box and throw half of them away. I take all of them to the counter, every time.

The concept of giving a USPS box renter a "final notice" for package pickup doesn't pass any common sense test unless the box is crammed full of uncollected notices. When I get these "final notice" slips it's an insult to my intelligence. The ONLY possible explanation for me getting one is that I was never alerted to the fact the USPS was hoarding my package back there somewhere in the first place and never alerted me to it.

I have had several USPS employees bring back (for example) 4 packages when I have 5 slips. One of them is notoriously known for saying the 5th slip was a "second notice". I had to bring up the tracking number up on my phone to show that wasn't the case... to a different employee. Not surprisingly, after a long wait, they found my package.

It seems like more and more USPS package deliveries are "dying" at the Hilo post office. I had one item that Amazon declared lost after the tracking information died at the Hilo post office, but I did eventually get the item about a month later.

I'm not dogging the employees who work there. I've been a USPS career employee myself and understand that it is a nightmare. I just present these experiences as raw data on how you may choose to deal with missing packages.

Also, recently, I got somebody else's US Treasury check (tax refund) put into my box. I could have taken it to the check cashing place / payday advance office and nobody would have been the wiser. Instead I waited 20 minutes in line to alert them of my misfortune (of having to wait in line to point out their deficiencies). Even the guy who I was talking to said "Yeah... this is pretty bad."

After reading about me whining about my USPS experiences here's the surprise ending: Be patient with them. They have a lot of shi!t going on right now.
Just wait until all those ballots get mailed...
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!