Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
USPS delivery times ?
And they can no longer work overtime, so don't expect your mail to be mis-sorted any faster.

(08-01-2020, 05:54 AM)eightfingers2.0 Wrote: Just wait until all those ballots get mailed...
That was over a week ago, I received mine.
You know they have to be mailed back?
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
(08-01-2020, 08:01 AM)eightfingers2.0 Wrote: You know they have to be mailed back?
Actually they don't!
This is a new one. I live in a house, 20 feet from the street. No fence or gate, dogs, construction or any other impediment to the mailbox attached to the front of my house. In clear view of the street. Same mailbox USPS has been dropping mail in for years. Now I get this from the on line tracking page: "No Access To Delivery Location". Interesting...

(08-01-2020, 04:23 PM)randomq Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 08:01 AM)eightfingers2.0 Wrote: You know they have to be mailed back?
Actually they don't!

Point to you!
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
(08-02-2020, 02:34 AM)HI_Someday Wrote: This is a new one. I live in a house, 20 feet from the street. No fence or gate, dogs, construction or any other impediment to the mailbox attached to the front of my house. In clear view of the street. Same mailbox USPS has been dropping mail in for years. Now I get this from the on line tracking page: "No Access To Delivery Location". Interesting...

Maybe the USPS worker saw a stray dog?  When I was a driver we weren't allowed to risk a bite.  Dog bites was #1 cause of worker's comp claims.   Maybe "potentially dangerous animal" isn't an option to select for tracking information so "no access" is the next best thing?

I used to have a neighbor who would let his intact male dog roam and I was always yelling at him to fix it but the time the postal worker put a note in my box telling me the neighbors dog was preventing me from getting my mail every day I shoved it into his face and told him his dog had passed "inconvenience" to "problem" and I was going to start calling animal control every time I saw it out.  That finally fixed it.
(08-02-2020, 09:33 PM)terracore Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 02:34 AM)HI_Someday Wrote: This is a new one. I live in a house, 20 feet from the street. No fence or gate, dogs, construction or any other impediment to the mailbox attached to the front of my house. In clear view of the street. Same mailbox USPS has been dropping mail in for years. Now I get this from the on line tracking page: "No Access To Delivery Location". Interesting...

Maybe the USPS worker saw a stray dog?  When I was a driver we weren't allowed to risk a bite.  Dog bites was #1 cause of worker's comp claims.   Maybe "potentially dangerous animal" isn't an option to select for tracking information so "no access" is the next best thing?

I used to have a neighbor who would let his intact male dog roam and I was always yelling at him to fix it but the time the postal worker put a note in my box telling me the neighbors dog was preventing me from getting my mail every day I shoved it into his face and told him his dog had passed "inconvenience" to "problem" and I was going to start calling animal control every time I saw it out.  That finally fixed it.

That is possible. Neighbor has 2 very small dogs and I've never seen them running loose, but maybe a dog from somewhere else out roaming. What I didn't mention is we also didn't get regular mail delivery Friday or Saturday either. Hardly a day goes by (except Sunday) that we don't get something, even if it's just junk. Dog scenerio possible, but I think more likely it is the recent changes at the post office put in effect by the new Post Master General.
Frau Chunkster and I have noticed that Kaiser prescriptions from California that used to arrive in 2-3 days via Priority Mail now routinely take 8-9 days. If the on-line tracking histories are to be believed, they tend to sit three to four days in Honolulu before moving on to Hilo. And that's after typically sitting in LA two or more days. I have to wonder if this is because of the airline cutbacks or the idiot president's desire to destroy the postal service. Probably both.

In any case, I suggest you Kaiser folks order your meds plenty early.
In early June I ordered qty 2 of an item from Amazon. They shipped separately (should have been in same box) . Received the first one in 7 days. In early July, Amazon said your order may be lost and offered me a refund. The box showed it had left Kenosha, WI on June 10th and then nothing. The box showed up yesterday, via USPS. All other tracking info is missing, so it appears it went from Kenosha to Pahoa with no tracking anywhere else.