Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Weight - Take A Load Off
Worldwide all-star cast playing and singing The Band’s classic song, The Weight.
Watch at the two minute mark for Hawaii’s contribution from Taimane, then John Cruz & Hutch Hutchinson:

https://youtu.be/ph1GU1qQ1zQ
Thank you so much for this link - sometimes technology is wonderful.
Thank you! Brought tears to my eyes!
Thank you, HOTPE!

Little-known tidbit. Back in the late 80s I lived for a while in Sunninghill, Berkshire. The nearest pub was The Canon , about a mile's walk away and the pub that Zak Starr and his band would play in every so often. Ringo would turn up occasionally (he lived nearby at the time) so thought I'd treat my Liverpudlian college roommates from the previous year and asked them to come down and visit; Nat and Pete. While Zak and his band played, his father turned up and my friends became zombies, it was like god had just walked in front of them. Nat eventually got up and asked Ringo for an autograph but Ringo refused. However, on his way out, Ringo stubbed his cigarette out in the ashtray on our table.

I believe Nat still has that cigarette butt in his possession to this day...
Thank you so much, HOTPE! Brought tears to my and our eyes here too. Shows the bond of music and our human family around the world so beautifully.

And, great story Tom. Thanks for sharing. Ringo looks great in this video. So do our Hawaii neighbors. Will watch again and again.
Yeah, that was sweet.
Music is the universal language, bringing people together. ❤