Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says

If you've ever wondered whether you would have complied during 1930's Nazi Germany...NOW YOU KNOW.
...medical procedure...

“You keep using that word*.  I do not think it means what you think it means.” 
-Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride.

* and other words
(08-16-2021, 07:04 PM)MyManao Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 06:21 PM)Ben Dover Wrote:
Second generation Honolulu Fire Dept. Captain Kaimi Pelekai regarding mandate…

https://youtu.be/R7Dnju9L6ns

There are only two path ahead of us. A full on vaccine mandate or a full on shut down. We either honor those that are vaccinated or those that are afraid of them. Either or. No middle ground.
That won't fly in the US of A.  

The solution would be simple if hospitals were allowed to deny care for unvaccinated patients.  Unfortunately this is against the law.  You can bet that a lot of fed up doctors and nurses nationwide would probably LIKE to deny care to unvaccinated fools, er, citizens, showing up in their ER's with Covid 19.
(08-16-2021, 11:19 PM)Durian Fiend Wrote: if hospitals were allowed to deny...

Yeah, I'll back down on the emergency medical care stuff. I never even thought that part out, obviously. But otherwise? Brah, we poke a kid over 20 times, giving them more than ten different vaccines, before we allow them to set foot on a school's playground.

Our whole society, every bit of our riches, our affluence, the whole thing, is build on vaccines. This discussion, those who are afraid of the very things that are fundamental to their own bodies already, is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

And, you know, I doubt many of them really think about it, at all. It seems they are of a class that is addicted to fear. A new and vibrant part of our society that gives its reasoning to others who issue marching orders, talking points, whatever you want to call them. Lock Her Up, MAGA, whatever. It's high volume gibberish with the express intent of fracturing our societal norms. And. so far, it looks like it's working.

Unfortunately that means, right now, our healthcare system is buckling. Which is to say the unvaccinated are taking all the resources purely because of their inability to overcome their own fears. Resources we all depend upon, that are at best in short supply, without the extra burden of covid. This situation is untenable. Something has to give. And, I personally, can not imagine why the vaccinated, our businesses, our children, would need to go back into a restrictive lockdown in order to uphold a minority's fears.
And how on earth can anyone claim more people are dying from the vaccinations than the disease?
Certainty will be the death of us.
Why is anyone responding to someone posting as "Ben Dover"?
Right now it’s an opinion, a possibility, not a recommendation, but something to consider if you’ve relaxed your COVID precautions recently:

“I can almost guarantee that our senior citizens will get boosters in the U.S. in the next two months, I think the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] is going to recommend it — there’s no way they’re not,” Mina said. “I think the only reason we haven’t announced it already is that the CDC doesn’t want to concern people. The moment they admit that they’re going to boost people, it sends a message, like, are we in vaccination purgatory here? But the writing’s on the wall.”

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/...ter-shots/

UPDATE:
Biden administration health officials are expected to recommend COVID-19 booster shots for all Americans, regardless of age, eight months after they received the second shot, a source familiar with the plans confirmed to USA TODAY. 

The news, which will be announced as soon as this week, comes as the delta variant rages across the country. It also comes amid anxieties about the Pfizer vaccine's waning immunity and the Food and Drug Administration's approval of booster vaccines for immunocompromised people. 
The official spoke to USA TODAY on condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to speak publicly.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/heal...145665002/
(08-17-2021, 01:46 AM)kalianna Wrote: And how on earth can anyone claim more people are dying from the vaccinations than the disease?
Lonely people who want attention and like to spread misery.

(08-17-2021, 12:22 AM)MyManao Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 11:19 PM)Durian Fiend Wrote: if hospitals were allowed to deny...

Yeah, I'll back down on the emergency medical care stuff. I never even thought that part out, obviously. But otherwise? Brah, we poke a kid over 20 times, giving them more than ten different vaccines, before we allow them to set foot on a school's playground.

Our whole society, every bit of our riches, our affluence, the whole thing, is build on vaccines. This discussion, those who are afraid of the very things that are fundamental to their own bodies already, is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

And, you know, I doubt many of them really think about it, at all. It seems they are of a class that is addicted to fear. A new and vibrant part of our society that gives its reasoning to others who issue marching orders, talking points, whatever you want to call them. Lock Her Up, MAGA, whatever. It's high volume gibberish with the express intent of fracturing our societal norms. And. so far, it looks like it's working.

Unfortunately that means, right now, our healthcare system is buckling. Which is to say the unvaccinated are taking all the resources purely because of their inability to overcome their own fears. Resources we all depend upon, that are at best in short supply, without the extra burden of covid. This situation is untenable. Something has to give. And, I personally, can not imagine why the vaccinated, our businesses, our children, would need to go back into a restrictive lockdown in order to uphold a minority's fears.
The people who don't want to do the right thing should go live in a different country where the citizens are begging the U.S. for vaccine.  You're so right about the "addicted to fear" and the word "gibberish".  It's too bad everyone can't tune those voices out like I do.
"Our whole society, every bit of our riches, our affluence, the whole thing, is build on vaccines." -MyManao

WTF? Really?
(08-17-2021, 04:38 AM)AaronM Wrote: Really?

The History Of Vaccines..

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/timeline/all

Have fun. 

And when you're done, if you want to continue to bitch, reread..

2/20/1905 U.S. Supreme Court Addresses Vaccination

The U.S. Supreme Court in the case of Jacobson v. Massachusetts upheld the constitutionality of mandatory smallpox vaccination programs to preserve the public health.