Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
I guess if you were unvaccinated and already in the hospital you might be willing to try it. But who would sign up for a trial where they might just get nothing? Bummer.
(08-23-2021, 01:11 AM)My 2 cents Wrote:  

30% of our Hawaii population remains unvaxxed, and I don’t see that number changing much.  The main concern right now is the hospitals being overrun.  Perhaps if the 30% who are digging their heels in had an alternative that would lower their case rate, maybe some beds would free up.  That would be a good thing, right?
So, what happened to a 70% herd immunity and everything is going to be golden? or is that like 2 weeks to bend the curve? Some of that 30% certainly has natural immunity yet case counts are rising.
The Front Line Covid Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) is a group of I believe it's 10 very highly qualified doctors that have been studying IVM for about a year.  Most of the good information will be on or somehow linked to them.  I gave you their link a couple of pages back, here it is again:

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

Ivermectin can be used as preventative or a treatment.  As with any virus, the earlier the treatment the better.

As for the numbers, the studies are available at the FLCCC website but I'm sure I would get a lot of TL;DR.  Dr. Tess Lawrie is the lead person on the research group that did the first meta-analysis of the Ivermectin studies, and she did an interview with Dr. John Campbell back in March where she explained very well the process and results in terms that even I could understand.  If you are really interested I think this is the best place to start.  Here is that hour-long interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYF8bnmdQfY

And here is Dr. Campbell's 22 minute condensed recap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix8i7dfsCJg

Pay attention to what Dr. Campbell says starting from about 17 minutes in the short one.

Both are worth watching.
(08-23-2021, 01:11 AM)My 2 cents Wrote: "Perhaps you should reread HOTPE's most recent post. As for the "cumulative answer", why not answer your own question by adding up all the posts in this thread that say "because it's a horse de-wormer"? I'm also unsure why you need to condense it."

Thank you for your input Tom

I guess I’m a bit put off by the continuous references to veterinary medications after I stated very clearly that it’s not about that.  I did not and will not suggest that anyone should use the veterinary version of Ivermectin, and I’m quite sure that none of the doctors at the FLCCC would do that either.
Where are these continuous references to veterinary medications?
(08-23-2021, 04:08 AM)kander Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 01:11 AM)My 2 cents Wrote:  

30% of our Hawaii population remains unvaxxed, and I don’t see that number changing much.  The main concern right now is the hospitals being overrun.  Perhaps if the 30% who are digging their heels in had an alternative that would lower their case rate, maybe some beds would free up.  That would be a good thing, right?
So, what happened to a 70% herd immunity and everything is going to be golden? or is that like 2 weeks to bend the curve? Some of that 30% certainly has natural immunity yet case counts are rising.
What happened?  More contagious Delta variant, plus it's become apparent that immunity from reinfection doesn't occur with this virus.  Immunity from severe disease should be in place for those who've been vaccinated or previously infected.  A small percentage of the unvaccinated 30% here have been infected because Hawaii hasn't seen the kind of spread many mainland states have.  So the health care situation is essentially the same here as on mainland, hospitals are being filled by 90%+ unvaccinated patients and a few immune compromised vaccinated. 

There's a good chance that the Delta surge has peaked already in state, or will be soon.
kander Wrote:The FDA is not going throw away years of safety methodology for an experimental injection without the years of safety data. Unless you think the talking heads on tv are correct in their assumption..

Chalk one up for the talking heads!

From... https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/23/fda-pfiz...dates.html

FDA grants full approval to Pfizer-BioNTech’s Covid shot

The Food and Drug Administration on Monday granted full approval to Pfizerand BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine – becoming the first in the U.S. to win the coveted designation and giving even more businesses, schools and universities greater confidence to adopt vaccine mandates.
(08-23-2021, 05:35 PM)MyManao Wrote:
kander Wrote: Wrote:The FDA is not going throw away years of safety methodology for an experimental injection without the years of safety data. Unless you think the talking heads on tv are correct in their assumption..

Chalk one up for the talking heads!

From... https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/23/fda-pfiz...dates.html

FDA grants full approval to Pfizer-BioNTech’s Covid shot

The Food and Drug Administration on Monday granted full approval to Pfizerand BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine – becoming the first in the U.S. to win the coveted designation and giving even more businesses, schools and universities greater confidence to adopt vaccine mandates.

And just like I said they would have to throw the rule book out the window, the clinical trials wont be done until 2023.
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04368728?cond=rna+vaccine+candidate&draw=2&rank=1
Does that mean Phizer is responsible for injury now?  I sure hope so, people stroking out and having sudden hear problems need relief.
The question I have is what happens to the other vaccines? They are still under the EUA. So, now that there is a FDA approved vaccine, will the others be discontinued?
(08-23-2021, 06:21 PM)kander Wrote: Does that mean Phizer is responsible for injury now?  I sure hope so, people stroking out and having sudden hear problems need relief.

645,000 dead Americans needed relief, too bad they didn't have the vaccine. Your hand-wringing is misdirected.
(08-23-2021, 06:21 PM)kander Wrote: And just like I said they would have to throw the rule book out the window...

Is there a chance, just a wee bit of one, that your interpretation of the situation, which serves your narrative to a tee, is wrong? Any idea how it is that an organization with so much on the line would roll over as you suggest they have? 

Nah, I am sorry kander, I'm gonna roll with the big boys, the FDA has my confidence, at least over trying to wrap myself around yours. And besides, now that the vaccine is approved, I suspect your guys are gonna move the goal posts, again, so no need worry 'bout the FDA. What do you think the next line will be?