Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
Thumbs Down 
Enough.
Just because it reduces the level of viral replication

Yeah. Masks aren't 100% either, so let's just not bother with active mitigation efforts.
(10-28-2021, 04:25 AM)kalakoa Wrote: Just because it reduces the level of viral replication

Yeah. Masks aren't 100% either, so let's just not bother with active mitigation efforts.

Two entirely different arguments.

My issue with masks is they are starting to become the new norm here. While only a small number of municipalities in the mainland still insist on this. I believe at this point Hawaii is the only state with a mandate for the vaccinated. I can't find reliable info on this. Google isn't much help because many of these maps have not been updated in months.

Which well goes back to the vaccine thing. If the vaccine is so good at stopping the spread we should have dropped the mandate for the vaccinated. I get it, two mitigation efforts at once, but come on.

My issue is not that some people will continue to mask, and probably should. It's just the continued state arm twisting. If a business wants to require masks themselves, that's on them. I may go to competitor though just to avoid the hassle of finding  a mask and putting it on, and hoping it is clean and doesn't stink. Tired of ordering disposable ones just to send them off to the landfill after one use.

What rubs me the wrong way about the vaccine mandate are multiple things. Mainly that for some reason private businesses should be the ones enforcing this, and not the police or some other state official. Especially the whole requiring some restaurant or fast food worker to enforce these mandates would be especially laughable if it wasn't outright horrifying.

Then there's this whole weird dynamic where the unvaccinated are holding the vaccinated hostage, and vice versa. It's truly bizarre. I've never seen such a demented social dynamic before. I can't believe anyone actually defends this.

Like I have said, if you're going to require a vaccine, start issuing court orders and detaining people until they will vaccinate. This removes the horrifying social dynamics of it all and ends things quickly. The problem is it forces elected officials to take responsibility for their actions. Unlike the ridiculous mandates. This is all perfectly legal. The current mandates however, won't likely survive continued legal scrutiny.
(10-28-2021, 03:05 AM)malahini Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 02:57 PM)MarkP Wrote: I want everyone else to get vaccinated so they are less likely to facilitate transmission of the disease to anyone else, particularly the significant number of people who can't get vaccinated or for whom vaccination is less effective, and have them die.

The problem is the current vaccines don't seem to do that great of a job stopping the spread of the delta variant. Meaning the transmission argument to be more weak than it would be otherwise.

The problem is..

Yep, it seems those buggahs are lurking around just about every corner..

The problem I have with your's is vaccines do a lot, and as such are not as easily discounted by the fact that a vaccinated host can harbor viral materials in their noses, as some are wont to suggest. Especially when compared against the shorter time and most often asymptomatic nature of the vaccinated's infection. And, of course, when one factors in the tremendous reduction in hospitalizations and death..

And, the problem, omg there that buggah is again, isn't really the vaccine pro or con, it's the inability for our society to practice respect for each other to a degree that we would have, when asked, in mass all worn masks and socially distanced. That, right quick, proved to be a bridge too far for us. So, the problem.. is we have a bunch, one third of us nationally, of people who's selfishness is more important, to them, than their community's wellbeing. 

I think it's a lack of empathy. At least it's an idea I toy with. And empathy takes more to develop in an individual than many get in their rearing, their education. It's the product of a society that spends an exorbitant amount of its money on warfare, and an ever dwindling amount on education. That treats it's citizens more as slaves, rather than stakeholder's in their own affairs. That thrives on dissension rather than unity, and puts reward for greed above all else.

Yeah, the problem.. is folks would rather make problems then cooperate with one another.
(10-28-2021, 05:12 AM)MyManao Wrote: Yeah, the problem.. is folks would rather make problems then cooperate with one another.

That's what happens when you twist people's arms. As for those who can't get vaccinated, who can't at this point who is actually at risk?
I may go to competitor though just to avoid the hassle of finding  a mask and putting it on, and hoping it is clean and doesn't stink.

Do you find this effort equally difficult with socks & underwear?

Then there's this whole weird dynamic where the unvaccinated are holding the vaccinated hostage

In Japan people recovering from colds & flu wear masks in public places.  To protect those around them.  They’re taught this during childhood, and practice this courtesy for others as children.  They continue this kindness and consideration when they grow into adults, not believing it interferes with their freedom.  

Freedom to make others sick is a pretty crappy freedom.
Wearing a mask when you are symptomatic is not an apt comparison.

I have always wished people with colds or whatever would wear masks. It annoys me when people who have colds don't care who else they give it to and I've stated multiple times years and years ago that I wish this was a cultural thing here too.

Wearing a mask when you have no evidence you are necessarily spreading anything is an entirely different thing.

As for socks and underwear, these feel good to wear and are anything but an annoyance, except having to do the laundry, which I would have to do anyway.

If you really cared about others you wouldn't be using a cloth mask anyway, but at least a surgical mask. While a cloth mask is mildly effective, other types of masks are significantly better. When I walk into a hospital I always wear an N95 mask. I figure if you are that frail you probably shouldn't be walking around in crowded public spaces anyway, hospitals are a different story.

The mask thing has nothing to do with "freedom" per se. It's just a wasteful annoyance at this point for those who are not at any particular risk here.

I like how everyone proports to know my thought process. Although, to be fair... nuanced positions like this are typically lost in the noise lately, so I guess you wouldn't have ever thought so.
I have always wished people with colds or whatever would wear masks.

Like they do in Japan? Perhaps as an adaptation to population density caused by over-development. Why, it's almost as if nobody has ever figured out these problems before. Because humanity is just that dumb.
This thread among others, proves that The Puna Wackos have got too much time on their hands and not enough serious things to do with it.

When Covid escaped China, and the U.S. became so highly infected so quickly, all the bickering over it began to become the major topic of discussion, with everyone very busy trying to blame someone else.
The cause of its spreading so quickly is the amount of world wide travel that is done by people, plus their major concern being for only what feels good for them with no consideration for what its effect will be on anyone else.
That was the time to be concerned about its spread and contagion.
It's too late now.
It is now endemic.
It is now a reality.
Everyone will be exposed, sooner or later.
Take your vaccines, or any other self protection, if you've a mind to.

You have to take care of yourself, and fu** the other guy.
After all, that's the attitude that spread it, with the nose-pickers and snot-slingers on here who are still acting and promoting the same types of actions.
It's too late to contain it.
That will not change.

It is going to mutate and change its effects.
It is not a major serious infection with a very high percentage of people harmed or killed.
Some are more susceptible than others in varying degrees.
That's genetics.
Some will be badly affected.

The nose-pickers and snot-throwers on here can be reasonably sure they will not be seriously affected by it, as can most everyone else.
They will continue to act as if they don't care, which they don't.
The only reason they're here is to have fun with your reaction to the things they say.

I spent my life immersed in one high risk adventure after another for fun and enjoyment.
The major difference is that it only affected me and those closely associated with me in those actions.
Some did die as a result.
That never stopped anyone.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
Thumbs Up 
MyManao
"The problem is..."

1Voyager1
"This thread among others..."

VERY well said! Applause emoji (if we had one) inserted here...

Cool