Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
covid testing experience
Despite 3 jabs, I felt like I might have a mild case of covid.  Two at home tests proved negative but I read thereʻs a 25% chance of false negatives and theyʻre expensive--$25 for 2 test kits.  Donʻt recommend it.  I did the spit test at pahoa park last Fri. and was supposed to hear in 2-3 days.  Itʻs been three days and Iʻve heard nothing.  Now I feel fine but still donʻt know if I have/had the virus.  Does anyone know of a reliable test with a quicker turnaround?
I did a test at a CVS and got results in 12 hours much to my surprise.
Thanks. I couldnʻt get an appointment until tomorrow and will post how long the turnaround takes.
I'm feeling bulletproof after my booster. What makes you think it was Covid vs a cold/allergy/etc?
Not at all like cold or flu and I donʻt have allergies. Runny nose first day, then brain fog, headache and extreme tiredness for three more days. Iʻm fine now after four days. If it wasnʻt covid, it might have been vaccine side effects. Certainly not terrible, but I didnʻt want to infect anyone so I got the test-- for all the good thatʻs done. Havenʻt left home for 5 days now except for covid testing.
I see Covid testing as a complete waste of time and effort.
You should be avoiding all contact with others as much as possible.
If you're in contact with others, you should be wearing a mask, a good one, and wearing it properly, not an all but useless bandana, or neck gaiter, or similar.
Look out for yourself, use a good effective mask for your protection in all social contact.
As a result you will give protection to others you come into contact with.

Immediately after you get tested you are still open to being infected.
If it's correct, it only tells you what you were, not what you are, or will be.
By the time you get the results, they're outdated, a feel-good waste of time that only tell what was.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
I wouldn't bother with either. Nothing could possibly make me care about COVID at this point.

That is, other than hoping the state government gives up this farce.
It' should be pretty clear that the farce is no longer about "public health".
1v1, you are certainly correct about the results being outdated, but the main purpose for me was to confirm that I had it so that I no longer needed to be concerned about getting it, and now, to make sure Iʻm not spreading it. I think thatʻs worthwhile. I donʻt want to stay home for another week if I donʻt have to.
Testing, testing. 1,2,3.