Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Restrictions to continue!
Glad you edited your post, I was wondering what a "kick-name" is. And you still don't understand the concept of a straw man.
(11-29-2021, 07:24 AM)TomK Wrote:
elepaio pid=' dateline= Wrote:Strawman / Sockpuppet LMAO,

Are you aware of the difference between a sock puppet and a straw man argument? I'm just curious why you are laughing yet seem completely oblivious to reality and what people post.

(11-29-2021, 07:22 AM)Wao nahele kane Wrote: Efficacy simply means to achieve a desired effect.

No, that's wrong. Efficacy is a measurement of how efficient something is in achieving a result. Now I see why you post such misleading stuff. And I really don't need a lesson from you about English given your recent posts.
Incorrect once again, Strawman. Efficacy may be measured but it isn't a measurement. Otherwise it would have an assigned unit. 
Run along, amateur.
(11-29-2021, 08:29 AM)Wao nahele kane Wrote:

Are you aware of the difference between a sock puppet and a straw man argument? I'm just curious why you are laughing yet seem completely oblivious to reality and what people post.

(11-29-2021, 07:22 AM)Wao nahele kane Wrote: Efficacy simply means to achieve a desired effect.

No, that's wrong. Efficacy is a measurement of how efficient something is in achieving a result. Now I see why you post such misleading stuff. And I really don't need a lesson from you about English given your recent posts.
Incorrect once again, Strawman. Efficacy may be measured but it isn't a measurement. Otherwise it would have an assigned unit. 
Run along, amateur.

It doesn't have units, efficacy is presented as a percentage, it tells you how effective something is. It's not a means to achieve a desired effect as you have claimed.
(11-29-2021, 08:40 AM)TomK Wrote:

Run along, amateur.

It doesn't have units, efficacy is presented as a percentage, it tells you how effective something is. It's not a means to achieve a desired effect.
Strawman, You never stop with your nonsense.  
I never said efficacy is a means to achieve a desired effect. I said, "Efficacy simply means to achieve a desired effect."  I didn't say, efficacy is simply a means to achieve a desired effect. 

Your English comprehension skills, suck. And as I said, efficacy is not a measurement, though it can be measured. Efficacy is a products ability to achieve a desired result. Therefore efficacy is more akin to a property or attribute with respect to a products ability to perform a desired function. 
For example, your brains efficacy sucks with respect to understanding what it has read.
(11-29-2021, 07:59 AM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: Efficacy

Words can have multiple definitions, meanings, etc
Words can change meaning over time, without the change being conspiratorial, usually it’s through common usage
The same word can be a verb & a noun or other part of speech

Puna is a district in Hawaii AND a city in India.  I’ve been to both places and surprisingly they’re quite different!

I believe you are referring to the city of Pune in India...also known as Poona during the British regime.  
As for the rest of your post about words...most of us learned that in school, but I'm sure some might appreciate the little refresher.
Wahine

Lead by example
(11-29-2021, 09:01 AM)Wao nahele kane Wrote:

Run along, amateur.

It doesn't have units, efficacy is presented as a percentage, it tells you how effective something is. It's not a means to achieve a desired effect.
I never said efficacy is a means to achieve a desired effect. I said, "Efficacy simply means to achieve a desired effect."  I didn't say, efficacy is simply a means to achieve a desired effect. 

Your English comprehension skills, suck. And as I said, efficacy is not a measurement, though it can be measured. Efficacy is a products ability to achieve a desired result. Therefore efficacy is more akin to a property or attribute with respect to a products ability to perform a desired function. 
For example, your brains efficacy sucks with respect to understanding what it has read.

What a load of bollocks. You wrote:

"Efficacy simply means to achieve a desired effect."

Perhaps you don't remember what you posted, that wouldn't surprise me, but it's here in this thread and has been quoted. I'm also sure 'elepaio will be along soon to say well done in that bizarre world he or she lives.
I feel like someone needs to add TomK to ignore.
(11-29-2021, 10:44 AM)malahini Wrote: I feel like someone needs to add TomK to ignore.

Yes, it's always a convenient way of ignoring the truth, isn't it? Then, of course, you can keep saying you're ignoring someone while responding to their posts. "Stupid is as stupid does".
(11-29-2021, 10:36 AM)TomK Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 09:01 AM)Wao nahele kane Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 07:24 AM)TomK Wrote: Are you aware of the difference between a sock puppet and a straw man argument? I'm just curious why you are laughing yet seem completely oblivious to reality and what people post.

Run along, amateur.

What a load of bollocks. You wrote:

"Efficacy simply means to achieve a desired effect."

Perhaps you don't remember what you posted, that wouldn't surprise me, but it's here in this thread and has been quoted. I'm also sure 'elepaio will be along soon to say well done in that bizarre world he or she lives.

Eh... Strawman, 
Still at it, I see. You remind me of a person trying to breath after they placed their own head in a plastic bag. 
I remember exactly what I wrote, and it isn't wrong. Your ex nihilo interpretation of what was expressed, well that's a whole other topic and would require that we dive into potential prion based disease to provide one possible explanation for your mental malfunctions. Maybe some spike proteins crossed your blood brain barrier? I don't know and frankly, I don't care. 
Maybe go get a cognitive test done?

BTW... I don't need to use a webforum ignore function, my brain is very capable of preforming that functional on it's own. 

That said, consider yourself mostly ignored from here on out, my patience for your childish nonsense is now spent.
Strawman,
It appears that you lack the understanding of what the word, means, can imply.
You're obviously of the mindset that means can only be used along the following...
*means (used with a sing. or pl. verb) A method, a course of action, or an instrument by which an act can be accomplished or an end achieved.

Means has two distinctly different definitions and isn't limited to your interpretation.
1) means as in meaning
We can say - "Efficacy simply means to achieve a desired effect."
Or similarly implying the same thing - 'Efficacy, simply meaning to achieve a desired effect.'
To intend to convey or indicate: "No one means all he says, and yet very few say all they mean, for words are slippery and thought is viscous" (Henry Adams).

Your incorrect assumption of how the word, means, was used -
2) as cited above already - means (used with a sing. or pl. verb) A method, a course of action, or an instrument by which an act can be accomplished or an end achieved. A means to an end.

Means cannot be used to imply a lacking in kindness without removing the s for mean.

When you gain a better understanding of the English language, particularly the many definitions of simple words like means, I may stop ignoring you, until then...

I don't have anymore patience to engage in arguments that are initiated by your ignorances within the English language.
Cheerio.