Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rude Hitchhiker
(12-05-2021, 01:30 AM)Durian Fiend Wrote:
(12-04-2021, 09:06 PM)Or1on Wrote: I used to pick 'em up out of kindness but found that about 33% of the time you get a crazy...
That's a steep percentage.

I'm wondering about the percentage of crazies out there behind the wheel of a vehicle...

Then there is the % of Punatics who are 33% crazy
Keep it local  Heart
(12-02-2021, 06:45 AM)kimo wires Wrote: Today, heading out of Pahoa toward Kalapana, I passed a female hitchhiker that yelled F-you at me when I drove by. Kinda pissed me off. My truck was loaded with tools up to the ceiling and I really didn't want to stop and explain to her that I had no room in my truck. And I was hauling stinky garbage in the back so I was tempted to pull over and offer her a ride with the pilau rubbish in the back. Just venting. Anyway if you're hitching it might behoove you to be polite to everyone whether they stop or not.
Well, obviously you weren't going to give her a ride so why not yell that? Or had you given this mooch a ride before then and it was expected? Was there romantic or Jilted lover syndrome in this instance (aka Ride for Ride)? Maybe she likes sitting on a claw hammer with a nail bag.. We dont know.

Stop giving these people rides. Stop feeling sorry for yourself because you didn't. I can understand someone with a gas can walking but these people expect you to give them free transportation.
Seems like a good hitchhiker strategy is to make yourself a “legend”.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
(12-05-2021, 06:03 PM)kander Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 06:45 AM)kimo wires Wrote: Today, heading out of Pahoa toward Kalapana, I passed a female hitchhiker that yelled F-you at me when I drove by. Kinda pissed me off. My truck was loaded with tools up to the ceiling and I really didn't want to stop and explain to her that I had no room in my truck. And I was hauling stinky garbage in the back so I was tempted to pull over and offer her a ride with the pilau rubbish in the back. Just venting. Anyway if you're hitching it might behoove you to be polite to everyone whether they stop or not.
Well, obviously you weren't going to give her a ride so why not yell that? Or had you given this mooch a ride before then and it was expected? Was there romantic or Jilted lover syndrome in this instance (aka Ride for Ride)? Maybe she likes sitting on a claw hammer with a nail bag.. We dont know.

Stop giving these people rides. Stop feeling sorry for yourself because you didn't. I can understand someone with a gas can walking but these people expect you to give them free transportation.
Lol, We really need a 'Like' button on PW
Walking builds character
I once picked up a woman on Hwy 130 in Keaau holding a baby in her arms. She'd been there a hour in the sun. Couldn't quite understand it.
(12-06-2021, 03:32 AM)Rob Tucker Wrote: I once picked up a woman on Hwy 130 in Keaau holding a baby in her arms.  She'd been there a hour in the sun.  Couldn't quite understand it.

That may have been worth a call to the police.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
"That may have been worth a call to the police."

Why would you call the police about this?
Certainty will be the death of us.
Once, when hitchhiking home after dropping my car off to be repaired in Pahoa, Rob picked me up and dropped me off right in front of my house.  Well over a decade later I still vividly remember that act of kindness.
I almost always pick up hitchhikers because they travel in the bed of my truck. Crazy? Foul smelling? Dangerous? I don't have to deal with them. However, I usually drive like a teenager on caffeine so I have to remember that they're back there.