Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reporting Storm Damage, AKA likely devolving into a discussion on Covid
Got damage? Report it. I doubt you will get money but someone will.
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/12/07...usinesses/
Did you look at the link to the county website ?
The 1st question asks you to select a hazard.
Choices are earthquake, tsunami, volcanic eruption or tropical cyclone.
Further down you can show on a map your location. The map is centered in San Bernadino, California.

Do you suppose the county has any IT people ?
A good friend of mine had a tree fall on his power pole and gate. Expensive problam.
(12-08-2021, 01:21 AM)Obie Wrote: Did you look at the link to the county website ?
The 1st question asks you to select a hazard.
Choices are earthquake, tsunami, volcanic eruption or tropical cyclone.
Further down you can show on a map your location. The map is centered in San Bernadino, California.

Do you suppose the county has any IT people ?
Depends on the definition of IT people. The scale can range from one of those guys that wears hearing protection all day because his office is the data center or aunties sisters son is a genius with web pages.
Would homeownerʻs insurance cover this? Although cost of repairs will probably be just $100 less than the large deductible.
Homeowner's insurance doesn't pay County, hence the survey.

Most Hawaii things are outsourced to southern California or to Seattle.
Sorry about your friend Rob !

I think this will devolve into a discussion about all of the deficiencies in the county's IT.
County IT is very efficient; they simply award a contract to the "right" bidder. This is not to be confused with "don't want to", such as happens with building permits.
We had tree go through a roof of ours.  No one was injured so we feel Blessed.  Bonus points for whoever can guess the offending tree's species!    Dodgy
Keep it local  Heart
(12-08-2021, 07:31 PM)Puna Grace Wrote: We had tree go through a roof of ours.  No one was injured so we feel Blessed.  Bonus points for whoever can guess the offending tree's species!    Dodgy
I hope it wasn't an albezia.
Wahine

Lead by example