Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coqui's are quite, what's up with that??
Over the last three mornings (3am to 6am) there has been no croaking at all.
I mean not a sound. My backyard backs up to the jungle and there is always background chirping. But last weekend nothing. NOT ONE SOUND.
Do you think it’s because of the cooler weather? I live in HB at the 140’ above sea level and about ¾ of a mile from the ocean. It’s been cooler but not cold enough to shut them down and begin hibernation?
Then this morning about 05:00 I heard a lone chirp.
I don’t really mind them in the background like crickets. It’s when they get close to the house that’s a problem. We keep or vegetation away from the house and don’t have a problem. When one gets close out comes the super soaker and the boric acid. I found the boric acid to work better then hydrated lime and it doesn’t leave a residue.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Same here in Leilani. Very quiet with random distant croaking. Actually think I had troubles sleeping last night
because of this lack of croaking.
Maybe they have reached maxium density and succumb to some sort of Coqui plag.
Andy

Colder Winter Evenings

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
I think they may be planning an attack.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
ROFLOL, Rob! Can you see 'em with their little frog spears? Well, I know they don't have 'em in Volcano 'cause it's just too cold and they don't chirp in the cold...

Carrie

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx

http://www.hellophoenix.com/art/dreamhawaii.Cfm
Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
We've noticed here in HPP that they are less chirpy when it is either colder or dryer than usual.

Cheers,
Jerry

It's because they know I'm coming, and yes, that is a squirt gun loaded with boric acid in my pocket, and no I am not happy to see you, little frog.

As we write this, they work toward building a weapon more powerful than the supersoaker Smile

Tim

Other people can talk about how to expand the destiny of mankind. I just want to talk about how to fix a motorcycle. I think that what I have to say has more lasting value.”
Robert Pirsig
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
Give them more time. Eventually they'll have the last laugh.

We get out of life......What we put into it
We get out of life......What we put into it
quote:
Over the last three mornings (3am to 6am) there has been no croaking at all.
I mean not a sound.

perhaps it's the calm before the storm ? Or another Earthquake perhaps is coming?

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!