Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Vaccinated People Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says
Thats cool DF. Its all about choices.

Don't wanna wander off the farm and cite Children's Hospital Nurse ( S.D.) quitting over mandates or saying she would never inject her kids nor would the Dr. she is working under. But they WIIL inject others. And why she quit.
Plain and simple, we simply do not know the long term effects of mRNA exposure. We can say with absolute certainty that a % of people who have taken the sauce have resulted in death or permanent disability. It is far from rational to place your children at risk. No sane parent would play Russian roulette with their child, The only difference is the odds of fatality.
long term effects of mRNA exposure

Good thing non-mRNA vaccines are available. There's also going unvaccinated and hoping COVID isn't fatal. I don't understand the endless whinging, it's really not helping the situation.
I'm comfortable trusting the science for my family. The vaccine is certainly more well understood than the long term effects of Covid. And contrary to conspiracy theories the media has been good about reporting side effects and risks, which are minimal.

Rob, when do you think it would be reasonable for Hawaii to drop the mask requirement? I'm thinking all age groups having had the chance to get vaccinated, and no active surges threatening to overrun hospitals. At that point I think the burden would shift to the immunocompromised and their caregivers to wear N95s etc to prevent their own infection and transmission.
Everyone has to approach this pandemic with their life experience to aid or burden them.  My younger sister was one of the last kids to get polio before the vaccine became available.  She got it, I did not.  I can't explain that.  But polio was a disease which involved decades of trauma and lifetime affects.  There is something about watching a small child in the hospital which leaves a lasting memory.  My sister had thirteen operations.  She did move on to a full life.

Wearing masks is such a simple and easy thing to do.  Children seem to be much more comfortable with it than many of their parents.  Interesting.  If maintaining a mask in public results in fewer children or adults becoming impacted I have no complaint to make.  I think a segment of our society will employ masks with or without a mandate into the future.  Like it is done in many Asian countries.

It also appears that way too many show little empathy for those who have been and will become infected... some with mild impact and some will lose their lives... and our time on this earth is ultimately all we have.
Yeah, except it's a total void of empathy. They never had it, never will, and don't care about anyone else.

But, hey, it's "their right" to do so...
(02-08-2022, 03:46 AM)Rob Tucker Wrote: I'm a bit concerned that in a press to appease the whiners the mask mandates will be removed too soon and we will take one step forward and two steps back.
I don't believe it's about giving in to the whiners but rather the desire to deliver some degree of normalcy to school children.  They've been either out of school, virtual (not) learning or masked up for two years now.  

The Omicron wave has begun to subside stateside, with most experts projecting a dramatic drop within the next 2-4 weeks.  

Nevertheless, you may be correct that there will be a resulting surge among kids.  It's difficult to come up with the "right" choice, perhaps impossible.  Policy makers must strive to be neither too cautious or too reckless.  Public opinion and trust are important. Surveys in Europe and US show that most people want restrictions rolled back.
I absolutely love the people who drive with their masks on. Bless their hearts.
A: these vaccines do not prevent infection.
B: these vaccines do not prevent spreading of infection.
C: Known/unknown adverse effects.

Mortality rate for children is about two or three per million for covid. its 56x higher overall death rate with the shot in children according to statistics. People will do with their children as they fear fit. But the cost/benefit ratio is not there. I will say this again, Adults should not sacrifice children because they are scared.

We should protect the Kiki at all costs.
Poor Kander, doesn't understand statistics and scared of a needle. Go hide in your bunker the black helicopters are coming for you.