Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Depot/Amazon/etc free shipping deals
Never had Amazon ship something with UPS.
....shifting towards UPS in general....
What's your experiences?

I’m in HPP.  All my Amazon orders arrive by USPS.  I don’t have Prime, I have it sent free shipping.  
My neighbor has Prime.  He mostly gets deliveries via UPS.
Last dozen came Amazon to Kona, then USPS. All came in 2 days. 2 before that came USPS took a week. Haven’t seen UPS in awhile. Today’s order said delivery tomorrow but then the confirmation email said Friday. I thought Jeff B might be flying out here for a vacation and bringing my electric toothbrush heads with him but I was wrong. My stuff goes to Local Local in Keaau. I will not go to the Keaau PO, not even to ask them why I have been on the Orchidland box wait list for 5 years and not a word. Off topic but interesting, I got a package from Kyev, Ukraine today that only took 2 weeks.
We have Prime. Most stuff comes USPS, average two week wait. Orders sit in the warehouse for ten days, then takes about 3 days average to ship. I think weʻre not going to renew Prime and just stay w. the free shipping over $39. Canʻt put both house and PO Box as an address because theyʻre in two different zip codes. I buy local whenever possible. And the last two times I was at Pahoa PO, wait has been less than 15 min.
Certainty will be the death of us.
Since I've posted my original question about UPS, have had several more orders come exclusively UPS.

I'm cautiously optimistic my efforts have paid off. I contacted customer support and requested they stop using USPS and they said they couldn't guarantee it, but they would put it in my file. I did the same thing a year or more ago and didn't notice a difference, but I think something changed for real this time.

Or it could be that I had a really bad string of luck with USPS orders getting lost that they had to ship replacements for that affected the algorithms.

Or maybe just blind, temporary luck, but I've enjoyed getting packages delivered to home rather than to the line wait bureaucracy.
All orders to my mainland place come via actual Amazon delivery trucks or UPS. Nothing comes via USPS.
Limited time deal: 10% off plus $200 off plus free shipping on a DJI "Power 1000 Portable Power Station, 1024Wh LFP (LiFePO4) Battery, 70-Minute Fast Charging, 2200W Max Output Power, Power Generator for Home, Camping & RVs, Off-grid" ($699 plus tax after coupon)

3 charging methods, UPS mode, multiple ports

I don't know anything about this specific product, but DJI has a good reputation for it's drones.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CZ5RYBWW?th=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=pw016-20&linkId=2da56f2aeee255fff032a173b1b24a8c&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

The fact that it has a UPS mode is what is most appealing to me. That means you don't need to wait for an emergency to "use" it. You can use it 24/7/365 as a UPS. A typical consumer UPS unit has maybe a 900 watt backup power supply in the 240 watt-hour range (about 25% of this unit) and they use AGM batteries which generally means you have to toss and replace the unit every 2-3 years because getting new batteries costs as much or more than buying a new one.
It can't be shipped to Hawaii.
(05-28-2024, 09:42 AM)Obie Wrote: It can't be shipped to Hawaii.

Surprisingly, worked for me. Says arriving June 4 to 6. Perhaps it will get cancelled later…

The smaller model had a lessor coupon and ideal for daughter working from home as UPS for flaky grid here…and bringing to raves/camping.

Thanks for sharing, terracore! You appear to be the backbone, or spinal cord, or core, or something such of PunaWeb, to my eyes.

Cheers,
Kirt
(05-28-2024, 09:42 AM)Obie Wrote: It can't be shipped to Hawaii.

It took my order.  It ships from "DJI Direct".  I don't know exactly what that means when ordering through Amazon.  When I ordered one of my drones from DJI via their web site, it came from China.  They used a CBP bonded courier to get it through customs (including paying the customs dues).  When I ordered a DJI drone via amazon, it shipped from the USA.  

I found some more information- to charge the unit on solar you need to buy their adapter (bad news).  But at least it's an MPPT controller (good news).  Similarly, it can't be charged via a car without buying their custom cable separately.  The smaller unit can be charged via USB cable, so easy to charge via car without buying something extra.  The larger unit cannot charge via USB cable.  

I couldn't find any information from DJI that specifies whether its a modified or pure sine wave, but reviews say its a pure sine wave.  Pure sine wave UPSs are hard to find locally (impossible, actually when I was searching), and it's hard to find anyone who will ship them here.

I understand they are advertising as a "limited time deal" but DJI has those all the time. They also dump their products at big discounts just before they release a newer model. I wasn't actually going to get one at this time until I realized its use will make it tax deductible.