Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Tele Gigabit Fiber
I have an ASUS AC1900 sitting around because the Deco's seemed more elegant. I will try that out. I never suspected the Deco's could be my problem due to cheap hardware or whatever. Worst case, if my speeds improve, I could hard wire into the AC1900 and run a port to the Deco's and still use them for distributing the wireless. Thank you everyone for your thoughts so far.

(03-28-2023, 07:40 PM)kalakoa Wrote: GB link speed doesn't imply the ability to forward packets at a 1GB rate. I note that TP-Link doesn't make any claims as to packet forwarding throughput. UBNT EdgeRouter4 can pass 4G/s (if you can find one).

Telcom will probably tell you that your router isn't fast enough; if you connect directly to the fiber, they'll claim that you won't see full throughput unless you have a "four-processor system", but at least it's closer to a real measurement.

Inter-building links are best run with fiber. Amazon has all the pieces. Duplex mini-LC will pass a 3/4 conduit.

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/tp-link-...-review/2/

So I found this which does appear to certify that this router cannot achieve full gigabit speeds when hard wired. The example does run faster than mine, by 200Mbps though.

I will still try the AC1900, but the Deco has 4 core proc and the Asus only has a dual core. We will see I guess.
I use the Zytel router that Hawaiiantel makes me pay for and my computer is hooked directly to it. I don't remember exactly what my measured gigabit speeds were. I'm pretty sure I posted them here but a search didn't find it. I would remember if it wasn't within the expected range factoring in network overhead, etc.