Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2023 Pacific Hurricane forecast: "heightened risks for Mexico and Hawaii."
(07-22-2023, 06:15 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: Full disclosure: I have not seen TomK walk on water.

And yet you kiss his ass like a love struck teenager.. and regurgitate his lies willy nilly.. as if you worship him..
And yet you kiss 

Full disclosure: I have not kissed any part of his anatomy, either while hypothetically walking on water, or on dry land.
I know I'm participating in a way when I write this, but Punaweb these days has become a bickering troll fest. An informal and totally unscientific sampling by Frau Chunkster shows that about 40 to 50 percent of recent posts have been trolling, responses to trolling, and people questioning the integrity of other posters. Punaweb used to be a very helpful and friendly exchange of ideas and useful information, but not any more. Sad, really.
So what is the difference between a poster who posts a “word salad” of words trying to prove a point that when read and understood more or less contradict the original point trying to be made, especially when adding in links to other sources that again when read and understood more or less again contradict the original point trying to be made over that of a poster who posts a few sentences of mostly misspelled words or words trying to imitate another language or that of a little baby caught doing something wrong with the common denominators being to hurl insults at only one or two other people as well as a love for creatures that can fly?

NOT A DAMN THING!

I learned my lesson. A troll is a troll!
Totally agree with you ChunksterK and Frau Chunkster. A handful of argumentative posters with too much time on their hands have changed a useful site into a dump. It still has helpful info here and there, but it takes a lot of digging to find it.
but it takes a lot of digging to find it.

True enough.
But without pointing out demonstrably false comments, the alternative is easily accessible misinformation.
the alternative is easily accessible misinformation.”

True. But, unfortunately, that is the world we seemingly live in today.
When did we decide to collectively abandon our ability to reason independently?

Misinformation, disinformation, lies, half truths, rumors, etc are nothing new and nothing that can be sanitized from society.

Teaching critical thinking skills is a more attainable goal than mass censorship.
(07-22-2023, 07:15 PM)ChunksterK Wrote: I know I'm participating in a way when I write this, but Punaweb these days has become a bickering troll fest.  An informal and totally unscientific sampling by Frau Chunkster shows that about 40 to 50 percent of recent posts have been trolling, responses to trolling, and people questioning the integrity of other posters.  Punaweb used to be a very helpful and friendly exchange of ideas and useful information, but not any more.  Sad, really.

Yeah...
(07-22-2023, 09:39 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: But without pointing out demonstrably false comments, the alternative is easily accessible misinformation.

I’ll take easily accessible false comments every time.

I’m not sure who either side of these bickerings thinks they are saving or serving or something.

With a nod to sir Orwell I would like to say 2+2=5. No one needs to be saved from that information.

Of course, I am probably wrong.

Cheers,
Kirt