Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are now 20 brand new homes for sale in HPP.
Look at this one.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/15-16...6153_zpid/

It was built in 2021 and sold for $740,000 and is now on the market for $868,000. If you go through the pictures, at the end is the Google view and you can see a vee shaped place on the left and a gray area on the right. These are being built by the same developer. In the gray area there are now 2 houses under construction one on Beach the other on Lemiwai.

He's from California and it shows. He owns at least 3 more lots on Beech and one was just dozed.
Interesting Obie.  

Well, after just 11 days on Zillow, blue roof guys just knocked 25k off the price of their brand new, Directed Energy Weapon proof house in the junkyard/attempted Murder house area.  Everyone seems to be dropping prices.  At some point a few of them will get down to the level where folks who are interested in living in the area can qualify for the purchase price with 6% or 7% interest 30 year loans.
A lot just went on the market on 7th AVE (junkyard/attempted Murder street) for $120,000!!!

Listing says, "Discover endless possibilities".  That's for sure.

Anecdotally, it seems like these lots peaked at 100K and are on the way down.  Anyone else seeing anything different?

https://www.redfin.com/HI/Hawaiian-Parad.../185230249

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Another article today explaining why the promised rate cut is not coming.

https://www.wsj.com/economy/central-bank...4-1675df05
(04-24-2024, 10:25 PM)Obie Wrote: Look at this one.

It was built in 2021 and sold for $740,000 and is now on the market for $868,000. If you go through the pictures, at the end is the Google view and you can see a vee shaped place on the left and a gray area on the right. These are being built by the same developer. In the gray area there are now 2 houses under construction one on Beach the other on Lemiwai.

He's from California and it shows.  He owns at least 3 more lots on Beech and one was just dozed.

pic 24
- the location of the built-in grill, inside? Is that even legal? Can you imagine what using it will do to that ceiling and paint?
(04-25-2024, 07:43 PM)leilanidude Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 10:25 PM)Obie Wrote: Look at this one.

He's from California and it shows.  He owns at least 3 more lots on Beech and one was just dozed.

pic 24
- the location of the built-in grill, inside? Is that even legal? Can you imagine what using it will do to that ceiling and paint?

The structure it's in only has one wall, so I don't think that qualifies as being inside.  I can't tell from the picture, but they do make grill vents that are in the counter that suck the fumes in and blow it outside.  A friend of mine has a grill built into his kitchen counter and when he turns it on the hidden vent rises from the counter and does its job.  The one in this picture looks to be just a regular built-in outdoor grill, but for all I know it also has a similar vent.

We have a ghetto  Puna version of what's in the photo (very Puna) and yes, it did leave a skid mark on the paint.
The grill is in an open gazebo and it's not part of the house.

I'm surprised all of that stuff is still in there.
Credit where credit is due.  One of the two new homes that came on the market two days ago has already gone under contract.  It is the first one to go under contract since 4/15.  With 30 new homes left, that extrapolates to a 300 day supply right?  I might be doing it wrong.

https://www.redfin.com/HI/Keaau/15-15th-.../173190364

Any theories as to why this one sold in two days and the other 30 got the thumbs down from this $600+K buyer?

Was it that it was priced under the median price per square foot of all of the new houses at $385/sqft?

Was it that it was priced under the median sales price of all the new houses?

Was it the 1 year Homeowner's warranty offered?

Was it the $8,000 credit at closing that the buyers can use to buy down the interest rate?

Was it that they chilled on the whole grey wall thing?  White walls evidently sell.

Was it the fact that the master bath has both a shower and a very nice freestanding bath tub?

IMHO this builder packed a ton of value into the offering, priced it well, on day one out of the gate, and didn't blow the one chance to make a first impression.
open gazebo and it's not part of the house.
I'm surprised all of that stuff is still in there.

What surprises me is that the outdoor entertainment room is so close to Beach Road.  I think it’s on an acre lot, why not build it in back of the house for some privacy & a quieter setting?

The accoutrements of grilling may not have been hauled off by HPP night scrubs, because perhaps it was staged for the photo, then everything that’s not bolted down was removed?
It's a .38 acre lot and all of those furnishings in the gazebo were installed by the builder. It's amazing that 2 years later it's all still there.
2 years later it's all still there.

Thanks Obie, I didn’t realize there were smaller than 1 acre lots on Beach Road, but it does explain the location of the house and gazebo. Hard to imagine some scrub car hasn’t pulled up at 3 AM with a cordless drill/screwdriver (stolen from their previous stop) and made a grab for some of that stuff