Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are now 20 brand new homes for sale in HPP.
punatang - The contents of this message are hidden because ironyak is on your ignore list.
Ah, so we're choosing the not learning option. To each their own, but ignoring facts doesn't usually serve one well in the long run. While one man's trash may be another man's treasure, you have to know your shit from your shinola, one of which has a nasty habit of hitting the fan and getting on ya face. (enough tortured euphemisms yet? ;)

For those who are conspiracy minded, both recent and MIA, I would suggest that once your theories are no longer open to new evidence, scrutiny, modification, and/or discarding, you no longer have a theory, but a religion, where the story is set and only facts that fit that narrative are allowed in. While this might be a soothing way of explaining the chaos of the world, the farther it strays from reality the greater the gap in usefulness and the larger the damage when it falls apart under pressure, apparently however small.

HPE - If it’s Hawaii related, Hawaii trash or Hawaii treasure, it’s allowed under the registration rules of Punaweb. If you don’t like it, make your point, but there’s no need to repeat it for pages and pages. Repetition doesn’t make a good point stronger or sharper.
Yeah, but some appear to be hard of hearing or slow on the uptake, and ignore message after message until Rob has to show up with the ban hammer. Sorry, I don't have Keanu's zen-like "Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun" approach, but as part of the under 60s crowd, I still have some concern for truth in the world and not keen on some people pushing unreality that serves certain political purposes. Some of y'all might be ready to burn things down on your way out, but there are actually people who would like a functioning society after you're gone.

I see you've recently abandoned the "Path of Neo"-esque quote - curious as to why you adopted and dropped it in such short order?

MyManao - it's a race to the bottom, eh?
AKA the gentrified race to suburbia it seems from my rare excursions into HPP, where pockets of older A-frames and custom builds nestled into the ohia are increasingly surrounded by lot after lot of pin-to-pin ripped cookie cutter houses. Is Florida full? Are some people so addicted to lawnmowing that houses with natural terrain and native forest won't sell? I guess if the blight is contained there for those who want it, hopefully other areas can maintain some of Hawaii's natural features (like that new mainlander in Fern Whatevers that cleared and built by hand - old-school puna ways finding new converts - cheers to that! :)
I still have some concern for truth …
Personally I prefer truth, but find those with an agenda to push, or conspiracies to promote are unaffected by reality, facts, or are bothered by irritating details like truth.  It’s definitely a plus to drop some truth bombs into the discussion, even better with variations on a theme.  Right flank, left flank, drones…

Some of y'all might be ready to burn things down…
I try and keep my burning to a minimum these days but still enjoy a small crackling campfire, flickering fireplace, or the red glow of a wood stove with mica inserts on occasion.  Especially comforting on a winter’s night in Volcano.

functioning society after you're gone…
To paraphrase Ghandi, Shaw, etc., I think a functioning society would be a good idea…

recently abandoned the "Path of Neo"-esque quote - curious as to why you adopted and dropped it in such short order?
Haven’t abandoned my man Keanu, I just leave the Signature button checked or unchecked as the mood strikes  me.  Like now!
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
HPE - Personally I prefer truth, but find those with an agenda to push, or conspiracies to promote are unaffected by reality, facts, or are bothered by irritating details like truth.
Yeah, while you can't reason someone out of a belief they didn't reason themselves into, that doesn't answer how best to respond to nonsense, especially nonsense that plays a role in real-world political violence. I think the last several years have shown that practicing "tolerance" and abandoning the discourse to those unhinged from reality doesn't lead to great outcomes, sorry to say Ted "Theodore" Logan.

HPE - Haven’t abandoned my man Keanu, I just leave the Signature button checked or unchecked as the mood strikes  me.  Like now!
Ah gotcha, not used to the new options and reading too deeply into things (as I am wont to do ;) I actually like the older Punaweb system which embedded the signature in the post and preserved its additional cultural zeitgeist from the time. It's "wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey" seeing current signatures applied on old posts. Maybe it's more of a "current motto" feature that transcends time and (database) space?

Umm... HPE is in the linguistical, and physical, neighborhood of HPP, so my keeping-it-relevant-to-the-thread-topic duty is done here - peace out ;)
When you update your signature line in the User Control Panel, there are 3 options:
  • Enable my signature in all of my existing posts.
  • Disable my signature in all of my existing posts.
  • No action.
I just changed my signature and selected the "disable" option, which has removed my old signature from all prior posts.

I have yet to try the "No Action" option.
Sure enough, HPP real estate sales, among a number of things, will get a boost from today's announcement that interest rates will be reduced due to:  “The cooling in labor market conditions is unmistakable,” Powell said.  

https://www.khon2.com/news/national/powe...est-rates/

“We do not seek or welcome further cooling in labor market conditions,” Powell said in a speech at the central bank’s annual gathering in the Grand Teton National Park on Friday. “The time has come for policy to adjust.”

Right on time, as predicted, right here in this thread, yesterday.  That is what truth looks like.  When sorting through information sources, the ones that can tell you what will happen tomorrow are generally of more value than the ones that gaslight you about what happened yesterday.  

Great news for HPP buyers and sellers.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2024/08/2...cut-rates/

https://www.wsj.com/economy/central-bank...y-62952bd6
I wish you all the best.
“The cooling in labor market conditions is unmistakable,” Powell said.
“We do not seek or welcome further cooling in labor market conditions,” Powell said
----------
As I stated in another thread, (and was rebuked) the monthly labor stats were not even close. Anyone that didn't have their head in the sand, advocating for another Biden term of a downward spiral, already knew that the labor situation was not rosy. Tech companies have been laying off and stopping new hiring for over a year. Those jobs created have been poor paying service sector/retail jobs sprinkled in with government jobs.
As I stated in another thread, (and was rebuked) - Leilanidude

As unquestionably proven here, the programmed team trolls are oblivious to reality, facts, and truth.  Their tribal instincts, and dread of cognitive dissonance, compel them to seek and dispel pure bias confirmation.  Just ignore their nonsense.  You are seen.  Everyone knows who and what they are.  The marketplace of ideas is alive and well.  Keep it classy.
I wish you all the best.
As unquestionably proven here, the programmed team trolls are oblivious to reality, facts, and truth...

Man that's some fancy word smithing there Punatang. Damn, you should start a blog.. maybe become one of them 'influencers' that are all the rage. Ya never know, you might actually make something of yourself..

One can try, right?
punatang - the programmed team trolls are oblivious to reality, facts, and truth.
It's wild watching the reactions to having an unsupported assertion like "BLS data is fake propaganda" challenged. BLS monthly data is an estimate and is always revised, for decades now. Even J. Powell (who apparently is also working on an influencer side hustle) expressed doubts about the jobs numbers back in June - "There’s an argument that they may be a bit overstated, but still, they’re strong" which is exactly what they were - overestimated but still positive job growth.

The fact that the Fed is looking to cut rates as inflation and jobs numbers cool is a given, because that is what they've been waiting to do for many months now.

But if y'all are going to play Nostradamus, please give us the date and exact amounts of the next three Fed rate changes, cause that's forward looking data one could trade on (and check for actual predictive accuracy).

Great news for HPP buyers and sellers - the sun is projected to rise tomorrow and gravity to still function. Right on time, as predicted, right here in this thread. This will provide both growth and stability to the market. That is what truth looks like. (maybe best for redpilled individuals to ignore Hume - may break the brain further ;)
Great news for HPP buyers and sellers

The most recent vacant lot listing in HPP is slightly over 1 acre, 5 lots away from the ocean, for $335,000. 

please give us the date and exact amounts of the next three Fed rate changes

CBOE even has a page for this called FedWatch.  They’ve been showing a rate cut for September since at least the last Fed meeting, perhaps longer.  You can even take this info and buy futures, make some money off your prognostications.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves