Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volcano acting up
quote:
http://www.bigislandweekly.com/articles/...news04.txt

Did any of you catch this article. Of interest to me is this quote:
quote:
Similarly, a canvas of local opinion about the threat of lava inundation had another resident expressing excitement over the prospect of Puna getting cut-off by a flow. "Many of the people are hoping for just that," she said.

I've actually been hoping the same thing. I never knew many other locals shared my hope. I know this forum is filled with nonlocal newcomers and most won't like this attitude but there it is! We locals want Pele to come. Highway 130 getting cut off would be the best thing for limiting development and preserving our cherished lifestyle in our beloved Puna.

I know I will get flamed for this but I don't care. I'm expressing my true opinion on the subject and not saying this just to get everyone upset.

Why wait,go live in Royal Gardens.
The lawless looters are gone and its seems the acid rain and vog are going too.
Lots of cheap RE.
So go live there and see if what you wish for is what you really want.
How many times in life do you get that chance?

bystander,
How will you be able to cash your welfare check when the banks are cut off?

Lee

Why I get my welfare check directly deposited into my bank account. They even gave me a credit/debit card to use so I don't even have to go there. Not! I'm not on welfare but a close friend of mine is. That's the deal he gets.

Thanx for your concern though.

Regards "How will you be able to cash welfare checks when banks are cut off !" Here's where the helocopters could come into play, Helobanks they land on a convenient spot near your lava field ! Ah but where to buy beer and chips ? Here again, Helostores !

I'm guessing Darl and Shane's popularity would skyrocket if the lava flow came across the highway. Our new best friends and lifelines to Hilo!
With all the gloom and doom sky-is-falling talk in other threads, it's refreshing to see bystander looking for a silver lining. (Guess I have a soft spot for happy people.) Whatever happens, let's hope property damage is kept to a minimum. My gut tells me Pele is going south. But I'll keep praying for the strength to deal with whatever happens.
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
quote:
With all the gloom and doom sky-is-falling talk in other threads, it's refreshing to see bystander looking for a silver lining. (Guess I have a soft spot for happy people.)

I appreciate your positive thinking, but others might say you have Panglossian Disorder: “The neurotic tendency toward extreme optimism in the face of likely cultural and planetary collapse.”

Edited by - Mahiai on 11/14/2007 14:11:48
"Panglossian Disorder: 'The neurotic tendency toward extreme optimism in the face of likely cultural and planetary collapse.'”

So glad it's not called "happy-idiot" syndrome. Now that I know it's an officially recognized disorder, I'm wondering if there's a pill I can take? And can I swallow it with my tongue in my cheek? :~)
Tim

Wishing the lava cuts off Hwy 130 and burns down neighbor's homes is a silver lining or positive thinking? Talk about doom and gloom!
Steve & Regina
Hawaiian Acres / North Lake Tahoe

'If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there' - George Harrison
Must be Aloha.

Hey, I'm gonna give bystander the benefit of the doubt and assume his prayer is both precise and compassionate: no one loses their property or gets hurt. I'm as vulnerable as the next guy living in HS. Whatever happens, I'll deal with it. The threat of lava doesn't change my outlook that I'm one of the luckiest people on the planet because I'm living HERE. In the meantime, I'm not going to take life--or myself--too seriously. Aloha.
Still counting my blessings...
Tim
Tim