Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Weather
Weather Underground lists an automated private weather station in HPP:

www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KHIPAHOA2

There's also one in Volcano CC, not quite Puna, but close:

www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KHIHAWAI2

Similar to the VCC station, I have a Davis Vantage Pro II here in California. They are about $500, if you know where to look.

www.davisnet.com/weather/products/weather_product.asp?pnum=06152

I'd love to see more weather stations pop up on WeatherUnderground for Puna!

ArtM

Climate is what you expect, weather is what you get.
[:I]

I'd better correct my previous post -- we just got a copy of the weather station catalog from Davis Instruments, and the current version of what we had is called the Vantage Pro, and now sells for $995 for the base unit. We got a couple ov extras, so the total was probably on the order of $1200, not my extravagant claim of $3000.

Jane

I spent the last 5 days in Puna. I still am amazed every time I go home how much it truly rains in the Puna Area.

There was not one day that there wasn't a good down pour.

From our place, HPP-Makuu\6th, we get a good view of Pu'u O'o, and mauka. With the fumes around Kilauea the last several days, cloud formation happens as we watch.

+++

In Hawaii, like Tennessee, "...old men sit and talk about the weather, and old women sit and talk about old men..."

Randy Travis

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
Or as Jimmy Buffett said in one of his books:

"The weather is here, wish you were beautiful!"[Big Grin]
Here in St. Louis it snowed today. Not just a dusting... blizzard like snow for 3-4 hours. Nothing really stuck, but it reminded us that winter is still around... so I guess count your blessings. You could be here freezing your buns off with me.
No, I could NOT be there freezing ... NEVER!

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park