Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilo Vet Advice
Does anyone have positive or negative experience with veterinarians in Hilo? I'm thinking about taking my cat to one of these places for a checkup:

Hilo Veterinary Clinic Inc
(808) 961-3486 711 Kanoelehua Ave

Pet Hospital-Hilo Clinic
(808) 961-0638 667 Kanoelehua Ave

Thanks in advance.
In 30-plus years of having cats on this island, I've always had the best vet experience at Aloha Veterinary Center in Hilo, 202 Holomua St. (in the Hilo industrial area around the corner from Hopaco) phone 935-7387. Dr. Rodrigues and his crew are da best and gave us many more loving years with our great cat/human Bear!
We used East Hawaii Vet Center for a very pregnant starving stray cat a couple of years for spaying. They were very good with her, and the only ones who could take in the last minute nature (the cat turned out to be the best cat we have ever had)
We used Kilaeua Vet in Keaau fo the recent feral kitten neutering, based on the fact our neighbor uses them, and they were also very good with a cat that really still doesn't like humans (but really likes petting....weird!)
As part owner of East Hawaii Veterinary Center, LLC I recommend you go there.
Prince Kuhio Plaza
Alfred J. Mina, DVM And Vanessa Oshiro, DVM
Richard & Vicki Boening, Business owners,
111 East Puainako Street, Suite A-109
Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 959-2273
808-959-2098

vickiboe@aol.com
vickiboe@aol.com
I took my cats to East Hawaii Veterinarian Center 959-2273, the staff was great and DR? Mina was great with them, He seems to have an affinity for cats. Even when one of my girls was very adamant about Not[Sad!] getting her shots he and his assistants handled her well.

I'm with Frankie on this one! Aloha Veterinary Center is a very nice place to take one's pets. The staff there are all animal lovers too, it makes for a nice & comfortable atmosphere. They also have three vets there too, and all of them seem very caring. My dog has seen all three and they are all excellent in my opinion. Plus their prices are very affordable too!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
I also use Aloha Vet Center for our 3 cats. We've been to almost all the vet centers in town. Some are pretty good, some are very expensive...some are understaffed and appointments can take weeks and some, like doctors in this town, aren't taking any new patients.

But Aloha Vet is the best as far as I'm concerned.
They are also very reasonably priced, open 6 days a week and they offer emergency care on Sundays and off hours. And with three doctors, you can always get your pet in very quickly if needed.
Does anyone have any place they would recommend taking a dog? I have a pure breed German Shepard and need to get in touch with a good vet on the East side.

I have always taken my little diva of a kitty to Dr Seeska at KVC in Keaau. She loves everyone there. Mr Happy went for the first time today actually. He was feral and adopted us - so now he is getting the complete spa treatment today - nuetered, shots, worm & flea meds!
I knew a "cat whisperer" that had to give it up after multiple face scratches.[Big Grin]