Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Crime and Punishment - the Randrup case
There has been a lot of surprise, outrage and amazement lately regarding the proposed plea bargain for Randal “Randy” Randrup, the father who admits shooting his son eight times, killing him and throwing the body into the ocean.

I, and many others I am sure, feel that justice will not be served with a two year sentence minus time served. This situation creates a sense of abandonment by our judicial system and compounds people's sense of vulnerability to crime. If murder is not punished just what is? Somewhere there needs to be accountability. In this case the opportunity for accountability lies with Judge Glen Hara who has not yet accepted the plea bargain in his court.

I suggest to you that this is one of those times when it is important to pick up pen and paper. The Honorable Judge Hara is capable of listening to argument. He does this for a living. Judge Hara is not the one who created this situation. He is the one who can resolve it quickly and efficiently.

Write a letter to Judge Hara.

Try to focus on the implications of the plea bargain as proposed and the affect it has on you. Try to avoid placing responsibility for this on the judge. He did not bring forward this moment. Do let Judge Hara know that he represents the community and the community has grave concerns with the progress of this case.

What happens next may partly be up to you.

Honorable Judge Glen Hara
777 Kilauea Ave.
Hilo, HI 96720
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Now a 5 year old girl

Moving into a rant:

.... Ya know what a couple of looser adults adults do to each other..... doesn't bother ME half as much as:

The 5 year olds being murdered. It just gets stuck in my craw. I cant fathom, understand or process it .... rest in peace sweetie,

I just can't help wanting a piece of this abuser - a week in my garage brother, we will teach you about bath tubs

not very aloha this morning - sorry
There must be some sort of extremely botched investigation regarding this trade of so little time for a confession. As if the collection of evidence was so poorly handled as not to be admissible in court. So standing on a confession alone, that in itself may have been obtained in a manner not suited to stand the scrutiny of a sharp defense lawyer, maybe the two years is all anyone could pull off. But then our good old 'set an example' judge Hara may have something to say yet. Otherwise one has to conclude that when judge Hara sent David away for 20 years for growing it, saying he had to 'set an example for the community', it was all BS. over the years I have often been blown away by the appearance of a lack of continuity with our judicial systems sentencing practices, and this goes along with my impression that there are forces, other than good and bad, right and wrong, etc., at play here. I have come to believe (based upon those same sentencing practices) that violence is condoned by our police and courts, and, therefore remains a major problem within our community.
dakine, there ARE other forces at work here, and they are the malignant forces of lunacy. We've heard of "nation building" -this is nation destroying.