Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dagnabit! I think I'm in danger.
thanks for making me feel better, maggie.

While the drug culture is real and kind of pervasive, I manage to live with virtually zero contact with druggies. My awareness is general, not specific to my life, except that I lock my doors.

Once you find your spot, and your groove, you should be able to avoid bad experiences with it; just don't forget that it's real and a way of life, for some of those around you.

I regard those who are pot-smoking hippies as a whole other group than iceheads, junkies, and such. While junkies will smoke pot, there are also plenty who smoke some herb but are NOT druggies. However, I think anyone who solicits someone else --a stranger-- to buy any kind of drug in public is a loser, not in touch, and someone to avoid.

No one ever solicits me ... perhaps they sense you're new.
quote:
Originally posted by maggieblanchett

I'm starting to wonder how bad the drug culture is here. I don't know if I was just unlucky to run into these two separate situations. Today at the Ross parking lot a man rode by on a moped and said to my husband, "hey man you wanna buy some weed?"

Ah Maggie... so much to learn... so little time.

I look young for my age, I can honestly say since I have moved back to Puna about 2 months ago (after a decade away).... I get asked if I want to buy some weed every other day. I don't know if you know Pahoa Strip very well... but most of the times it's near "Cash and Carry" store which is only about 3-4 buildings over from the local police station here.

Funny thing is... it's legal here for medicinal purposes. If I really wanted to buy some weed, I would go to someone who grew it instead of some punk on the side of the street.

I don't think most of us here on Punaweb are too worried about the weed thing.

It's that Ice problem that you keep describing that gives us an alert to the problem that you are in.

You don't know what an Icehead can do to you or your family.

A weed smoker is gonna do exactly what you described.... (Be friendly and ask if your "looking")

The Iced out person isn't gonna ask if your looking.... they are going to straight phuck with your life if you don't get out of there soon.

-------
It is the way... the way it is.
Your in for a major culture shock Maggie. I am not kidding when I say the kids smoke pot in school. My kids have even told me sometimes the teachers smoke pot with the kids!

Its possible to keep your kids off drugs but you need to be aware of whats out there. This is a small kine, poverty island not much for the kids to do but hang at the cliffs and party.

Which is why smart folks get a cheap cabin or live rough on their land just to put their kids in private school, priorities.....
You may want to check out "Christian Liberty School" in Keaau.

Blessings
quote:
Originally posted by Punamom

Your in for a major culture shock Maggie. I am not kidding when I say the kids smoke pot in school....

Pot's not the only thing either[B)]

-------
It is the way... the way it is.
quote:
Originally posted by maggieblanchett

I'm staying in a friend's house. She's renting me a room. The problem is the neighbours who rent the room down the hall. They are weird and smell like my son's model airplane glue. It's a couple who look weird and act weird. The girl's face is entirely eaten up by acne and they always leave the bathroom dirty. I don't know why they can't defecate INSIDE the toilet. My friend the homeowner says she's had to clean up the bathroom after them for months now. This morning I see that one of them started using the toilet and dragged themselves to the shower leaving fecal matter on the floor.

It's gotta be that ice thing. The "airplane glue" fumes that come from that room give me and DH a headache. I'm preggers, I can't be exposed to this! My friend says she'll kick them out but she's so sweet and nice...I don't know if she will be able to.

I don't know if I can stay here another night....I hope we find a house to rent soon!

The sad thing is my friend is a VERY neat lady, very clean and hardworking. I don't like seeing her abused like this. This morning I went to the kitchen and did all the dishes and cleaned up the counters because the neighbours would not clean up after themselves, letting my friend clean it up for them.

I think cleanliness IS godliness and cannot stand for this.

--maggie

http://www.maggieblanchett.com

Oh yeah I forgot.... Are you nuts???? I wouldn't have my kids around a known crack head for 1 minute much less sleep in the same house with them.
Your friend does not sound like much of a friend to invite you into such a situation.
Perhaps you have what we call Island Fever, be mindful and please don't let it cloud your judgment.
Actually, Puna IS postcard perfect in it's natural beauty. As usual it's the humans that make it ugly!
A room where meth is manufactured is a fire and explosive risk. There are very bad chemicals that result from the manufacture. It is a Hazmat site. Breathing vapors or touching contaminated surfaces is extremely dangerous to health and can result in serious permanent health damage. Get out now!

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Good Morning Maggie,

It's a new day and time to act as opposed to react.. I checked out your web site and all I'm gonna say about that is You're not in College Station more like South Austin to the 10th power.. Hope that helps. Now for a lil humor..

There was a man stuck on the top of his house with rising flood water all around him..

A man came by with a boat and said sir hop in my boat and I'll take you to safety.

The man on the house replied no thanks I believe in God and he will save me..

The water continued to rise.

The a Helicopter came over the top of him.. they yelled from the helicopter for the man to grab the rope and they would take him to safety..

The man replied no thanks I believe in God and surly He will save me from this..

The man drowned.. and as he stood before God he asked Father why did you let me drown?

God replied.. Bubba I sent you a boat and a helicopter...

My advise to you and your family is.. Don't miss the boat!
Many people here have confirmed what I originally thought as far the meth lab situation.. I didn't realize you had a son with you. I hope this morning you decide not to stay another night in that situation. If your "friend" (Misery loves company) doesn't resolve this issue you should resolve yours. I know some great people here have sent you some options. So again I say.. dont miss the boat!!

Blessings,
dave

Dear IRS. I would like to cancel my subscription. Please remove my name from your mailing list.
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Damon and Menehune,
If Damon wasn't a nice guy here, I'd chastise you for your "are your ready for Puna" comment.
This issue is NOT about PUNA, it is about humanity! a condition, and not a place.

I ask you Damon and Menehune, 'are you read for humanity'?

Maggie,
I suspect others here may have already offered you and your Ohana shelter. If not, we have an extra room for a coupla nights. Someone can pull weeds to pay for it Wink
Email me and we will make arrangements (DO SO ASAP).

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
aloha maggie,

i just sent you an email, i have a lovely home for rent, its a great neighborhood/street and new home with 3bd/2bath...you can call me and set up a time to see it this weekend or your convenience.

by the way i am also an artist so i think you'll find alot of like minded souls out here.

best

noel
707-486-0710