Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dagnabit! I think I'm in danger.
I am sorry. I did not mean to set anybody off by my own comments. I just do not like to read comments about any certain ethnic groups. To me it shows no aloha. My point was that sometimes things are just not meant to be and maybe Maggie should think about that. I am not saying that they do not belong or there is not great people here, but just purely to think about their decision to live here closely.

Chris
Chris

MEXICAN HURRICANE

A CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE hits Mexico . Two million Mexicans die and over a million are injured. The country is totally ruined and the government doesn't know where to start and is asking for help to rebuild. The rest of the world is in shock.

Canada is sending troopers to help the Mexican army control the riots. Saudi Arabia is sending oil.
Other Latin American countries are sending supplies.

The European community (except France ) is sending food and money.

The United States , not to be outdone, is sending two million Mexicans to replace the dead ones.. God bless America !!!!

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
quote:
Originally posted by oink

MEXICAN HURRICANE

A CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE hits Mexico . Two million Mexicans die and over a million are injured. The country is totally ruined and the government doesn't know where to start and is asking for help to rebuild. The rest of the world is in shock.

Canada is sending troopers to help the Mexican army control the riots. Saudi Arabia is sending oil.
Other Latin American countries are sending supplies.

The European community (except France ) is sending food and money.

The United States , not to be outdone, is sending two million Mexicans to replace the dead ones.. God bless America !!!!

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

Your sarcasm is obvious,the same as your position on racism.
quote:
Originally posted by KathyH
Every subdivision has people who've lived there forever without having any problems. That doesn't mean there aren't problems.

this home in kailua, o'ahu, has been in the family for over 50 years. most of our immediate neighbors have been here just as long. the story i referenced was about another long time kailua family. heh, ya know? there are good parts and bad parts of this neighborhood, too. the aformentioned family's home is in the "good part" of the neighborhood. but, yet crime, violence and drugs found their way into their home--they have no boundaries. they affect every social class and ethnicity.

malia paha o lohe aku

perhaps they will hear
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

quote:
Originally posted by StillHope

Your sarcasm is obvious,the same as your position on racism.

That was in a forwarded e-mail from my Texican co-worker. If he of Mexican heritage (his Spanish only speaking mother lives with him) can have a sense of humor about all this, then I think the rest of us can too. I'm not considered racist by those I work with who happen to be ethnic or racial minorities.
I won't argue the sarcasm.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Well,Oink...May be it's the case when a disclaimer is not such a waste.
Though I didn't get the salt of the remark about the pink flamingo.
I guess,my sense of humor...
I believe your co-workers,but if you are not a racist,
defending someone who is a racist and proud of it...
May be you did not recognize the racist ...They come in different garden varieties,"wolf in a sheep skin" is harder to recognize.
Anyway,may be if I get a chance to meet you in person things will look different.
You can read between the lines only up to a point.
When you are relocating?
StillHope
People have many reasons for believing and feeling the ways that they do. Some beliefs or feelings may be incorrect but based on what appears to be sound logic to the believer. I choose to give them that benefit. I also don't fault someone for having opinions that, right or wrong, are thought extensions based on obvious facts. I generally don't believe in PC speach for the sake of being PC. Obvious exceptions on that one for practical reasons. I try to disagree with someones opinions without insulting them. On occassion I slip. I'm annoyed by high horses (and I don't like stoned ones either). As long as someone isn't trying to tangibly hurt me, I see no gain in responding to them vitriolically when I think their beliefs are wrong. I have a strong appreciation for an irreverent sense of humor. As for reading between the lines, try to always assume the best. What part about the flamingo confuses you? I don't yet know when I'm relocating. Too many variables.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
lol, oink...2 million? What about the other 28 million?

Anyway, here's some evidence that stupid people are dumb...can't make stuff like his up!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopi...eport.html

It's a mad mad mad world...

--maggie

http://www.maggieblanchett.com
I was unaware that I had been assigned the job of ferreting out the people who have feelings or beliefs that may be considered as racist by someone. If I eliminated all people with any racist feelings or beliefs, there would be few people left of any race or ethnic group. People are just people and none are perfect.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

Don't worry, unless the tyranny we live under becomes open and overt, no one has that job. I know some people can't wait to join the next gestapo and start tattling on everyone who they think are "racist" or whatever the buzzword of the day is, but as long as our beloved United States is a REPUBLIC and not totalitarianism, there will be plenty of REAL patriots willing to defend our freedom without trading it for "security"...

God bless America,

C