Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep an eye out
Wow, we finally closed escrow, moved our things in, decided to stay at the rental one more night (because we hadn't moved the fridge), early in the morning we go to our new house to drop off the last load, and low and behold. . . someone came overnight, with a big truck of some sort and pretty much cleared out our stuff. [V] Our dining, living, computer, bed, most everything exept the old style of tvs, were not taken. Someone broke in through the back window, cut off power (at approx 12 midnight is when neighbors heard noise and assumed we were still moving) and made out with our furniture. We have been living in the Hawaiian Shores side for the last four months and have been lucky having a false sense of security. Police say there have been 10 or so break ins in the last month or so. They moved from HPP to this area and said aside from the usual safety check to keep an eye out for each other. SO. . I thought I would spread the word. I have a pretty unique dining set (mohagony carved wood, fancy legs the type that look like paws at the bottom, with white covered chairs) So if anyone sees that pop up at a yard sale or other sale let me know. Yea I know chances are slim to none of getting my stuff, but I do have pictures of it. I just hate this feeling. And yea all windows and doors were locked, but our alarm system has not been ordered yet, jees I've had the keys for one day. Any positive thoughts welcome, pretty down in the dumps right now.
I have no words of advice or wisdom, just want to say that I'm very sorry that this happened.....

Chele

Here's to a full belly, a heavy purse....and a light heart.
wow so sorry this happened to you... someone built up some very bad karma pulling this stunt.... please watch craigs list both big island and oahu. there is a gang that fills up containers of stolen goods and ends up on oahu on craigs list and swap meet. the cops are aware of this... good you have pictures to document your ownership.. many people keep their pics on their computers which is one of the first thing thieves go after.... if you have time, check the sunday market... when the tough times come, these people come out of their dung-heaps and prey... so sorry this happened to you[Sad!]
rizi this is awful! I am so sorry you had this terrible stuff happen. Don't know what to say. Keep your chin up and eyes open. Take Care.

Carrie Rojo

"The sun and moon collide. Isn't gravity a funny thing? The universe explodes apart. All the children sing..." Todd Rundgren
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Rizi, I am so sorry. MEAN PEOPLE SUCK! My partner and I are moving over in Nov.
I have read here on puna-web that, If you don't have a dog preferably one that can eat someone. its not a matter of if but when you will get broke into. I am not saying that to scare you, but an alarm wont stop them. since the cut your power an alarm wouldn't have done much good, these individuals, know what their doing.
Keep your head up, Their are a lot of good people here on puna-web. I know I have not found such a sense of community like puna-web, and I have lived in 13 different countries and 36 different states. I was an Army brat...
keep your head up, when a door closes a window always opens. I wish you nothing but the best I cant imagine how violated you must feel. I am really sorry.

setting my soul free....
setting my soul free....
mfers! sorry to use profanity, but WTF?! and, sorry this has happened to you.

please go to the hpd website, too. they sometimes post items that have been stolen.

when we finally make the move over, we will be having someone in the house while the other one or two of us goes back and forth from o'ahu to puna.

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Rizi how sorry for you, I feel your pain. What a violation. You don't say where your new home is located. I hope you had insurance although little comfort that will be. Goes around comes around buggas! Don't let this awful situation sway you from why you chose to be here!
Rizi so sorry to hear this has happened to you and your family. The tip about Craigs list is probably a good one.

Once I had an alarm while living in a neighborhood with problems. It had a large school bell attached to the system and if electricity was cut, the large school bell had a large battery backup and screamed to high heaven if the electricity went out. We also engraved/carved our drivers license number prominently of some of the more expensive items in our home. Luckily this was never needed.

Thank you for warning us all. I hope the police have been able to locate some of your things. Perhaps Craig's list will show up some items and give the police something to work on.

I hope this doesn't spoil the beauty in each day for you, and in time your things will be replaced.

mella l

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong....because sometime in your life you will have been all of these."
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
thank you everyone, I did forget to mention it was Hawaiian Shores. I will check craigslist and the hpd site I still love it here. . . just feel violated and a little/lot angry. Your support helps thank you guys and punaweb.
quote:
Originally posted by rizi

thank you everyone, I did forget to mention it was Hawaiian Shores. I will check craigslist and the hpd site I still love it here. . . just feel violated and a little/lot angry. Your support helps thank you guys and punaweb.

Keep an eye out at yard sales? markets? ...?

Have the Police done the right thing?

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park