Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we as progressive as Seattle Wa., or Denver...
i would think that everyone, not just mj smokers would want this to pass,getting rid of the terrorist green harvest choppers and giving us peaceful skies once again...
Keep in mind it is primarily a Puna issue and the whole island will be voting on it.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Rob, what makes you think it is primarily a Puna issue?
people losing their jobs, their homes, 3 days worth of food supplies at any time on the islands... but progress on punaweb is measured by hassle-free hootch.... yeah, i would agree its a puna issue ...[:o)]
US Drug Czar Endorses Decriminalization of Cannabis.

http://current.com/items/89456062_hell_f...nalization

"John Walters Backs a Mexican Proposal Far More Sweeping Than U.S. Measures He Has Opposed

(Washington, D.C.) The Marijuana Policy Project today congratulated White House “drug czar” John Walters for backing a Mexican government proposal that would remove criminal penalties for possession of small amounts of marijuana.

“I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but John Walters is right,” said MPP executive director Rob Kampia. “We heartily second his support for eliminating criminal penalties for marijuana users in Mexico, and look forward to working with him to end such penalties in the U.S. as well....”
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
quote:
Originally posted by lquade

people losing their jobs, their homes, 3 days worth of food supplies at any time on the islands... but progress on punaweb is measured by hassle-free hootch.... yeah, i would agree its a puna issue ...[:o)]

Are you trying to say we can do something about the unemployment problem, or mortgage problem this election cycle on the Big Island? I may be an idiot, but I saw nothing in the form of a bill addressing people losing their jobs, or homes on the Big Island,...did you?

But there is a bill addressing medical marijuana & helicopter fly overs. A bill that all residents of the Big Island should think long and hard about before going to the polling booths. A "yes" vote is not just a green light for pot smokers to light up. This is were B.I. residents need to be more informed. Residents here need to understand it's not just a "free for all",situation either. This bill addresses adult(21 yrs or older) usage of cannabis on their own property. Minors are not allowed to hide behind this bill. Adults smoking in public wouldn't be able to hide behind this law either!
Listen folks bottom line is not just the ability to smoke cannabis openly. It's to free our skies of constant harassment from state & federal authorities. I mean just yesterday the Feds were flying low under cover of fog in lower HPP. Way below the legal limit I'm sure of it! This nonsense needs to stop. It's also noise pollution that's terrible. I know that this coming election this bill has a slim chance to pass. I'm afraid that general apathy of the Big Island will be this bill's biggest enemy. Rob is correct too. It is primary a Puna issue. The majority of helicopter activity happens in the Puna District. But make no mistakes, they do harass the entire island with their low fly overs too. But they tend to focus on Puna more?
Think of all the money our district would save, and or could use elsewhere in a more constructive manner. We spend entirely way to much money on a law that needs to be revised

-----------

You know the only difference between Sarah Palin and Dick Cheney is ... lipstick.
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
I agree and support the measure,

. . .but do you really have a grasp on what this will do to the local economy? You're going to be robbing a fair segment of the Puna population of their income.
This measure has no impact on the feds so long as they don't use or request County resources. The feds are still free to enforce federal drug laws.

A concern is since the County is prohibited under this measure from assisting the feds, the feds can always turn around and refuse to help the County when the County asks for help.
quote:
Originally posted by Beachboy

hey, even Fayetteville is moving to change Puna! We need to forge ahead into the 21st century instead of staying in the "Dark Ages". It's time we spend our resources on better things like a local hospitals, schools,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux0YeD5Pr...norml.org/

http://cannabisnews.com/news/24/thread24274.shtml

-----------

You know the only difference between Sarah Palin and Dick Cheney is ... lipstick.

-----------

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Vote yes on Ballot question #80.

Make my stealing spam from Walmart a lesser priority/crime than my stealing a $170 blouse from Macy's!

A girl's gotta eat.