Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punaweb:Changes in latitudes,Changes in attitudes!
Economic Left/Right: 2.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56
it put me in the purple just to the right.

However the question were very black and white. Some questions were the false argument type.

I'm more of a communist dictator than you: -2.25 X 1.54. I have to admit, that doesn't sound correct.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Oh, I liked that... and it put me pretty much where I expected...

Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18

That puts me somewhere between Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama.
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
While I found the test interesting (overly simplistic, but still interesting) it has successfully hijacked an important thread that wasn't really about conservative/liberal divisions, until some self described conservatives took it that way. IMHO I thought this thread was about how we choose to express ourselves from behind the curtain of the internet. Now it has once again turned into being all about who's a liberal, and who's a conservative. This is exactly the false dichotomy some of us have found so disturbing because that mentality keeps bulldozing over virtually every thread that goes beyond whales and weather.

I remember when I could read hundreds of threads before anyone started spouting off about politics, now if a thread lives long enough someone will be sure to send it off into political rhetoric and then it's all down hill from there. Can't we get beyond defining ourselves by our politics and just work on being good neighbors who look out for one another and use a little self restraint so we don't disturb our neighbors' peace of mind?

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
I considered the last several posts on the "test" good natured entertainmentnot, not politics Smile Smile Smile

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Sure it was all in fun, but it still hijacked the thread. My observation about politics insinuating into every thread was a general one, not specific to the "test" but that whole test is about how one defines oneself politically.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
So this thread has been hijacked to left, right, libertarian, authortarian, then double hijacked to thread hijacking. I'm OK with that.

These threads are conversations, and as such can be expected to meander a little.

How bout them Cowboys? [Sad]
quote:
Originally posted by Greg

How bout them Cowboys? [Sad]

They need a change in latitude and a change in attitude.

-------
My Blog
I'm glad csgray said that ...
at this point I am so sick of reading liberal conservative or whatever that the test was not entertaining ...

and I'm not one to insist that a topic can't stray ... I like meandering.
But enough with the names that define our slant ...
I don't have a "position" that I want to claim and that's the last thing I look at in a person is how to label them that way. I look for other aspects of character.

Thus one of the annoying recent trends is having people on Punaweb tell me I'm a liberal. I choose to not fit in one of those categories, thank you, now can we talk about vog?
Well here were my results:

Economic Left/Right: -3.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79

I found the test very interesting. I'm very liberal and it was no surprise.

Carrie Rojo

"Every area of trouble gives out a ray of hope; and the one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable."
-- John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR