Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coqui Report
I have started the Coqui Repatriation Assessment Project- C.R.A.P. Send me $25 and I'll see what I can do to send a coqui home to Puerto Rico. Might as well throw some of those millions my way.
I was hoping that the heavy vog has killed off a large number of them. They are supposedly very skin sensitive. It would make semse if the sulpheric vog was killing them.
65 degrees didn;t seem that ususually cold to me.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
no, I'm afraid it's the cold dry weather that quiets them, as it happens every winter.
Last spring was the voggiest, but last summer was plenty noisy.
I WISH the vog would do them in.
A bit of vog isn't going to bother them, they're very hardy creatures.
A drop of citric acid in my eye sends me running for the hose, but they can swim in it and still keep going.
Leilani Guy, sorry, but Syd Singer beat you to it. He offered years ago to "repatriate" coqui to Puerto Rico.

Unfortunately, he supposedly wasn't kidding. No word on whether anyone actually took him up on it.

Fortunately, those with some actual scientific background pointed out that Puerto Rican officials wouldn't be too thrilled with the prospects of being handed frogs with who-knows-what types of foreign pathogens attached.

Hey, I was just kidding. I know all about Syd Singer,much more than I care to. He even called me once and left a message wanting to "meet and discuss frogs". I didn't respond, since the only thing I'd ever discuss with him was how far up his okole my foot would go. It's already illegal to transport coqui. You can still send me $25.
The coquis even seem to be resistant to the chytrid fungus, which is wiping out frogs all over the place, in places they should be.
quote:
Originally posted by leilaniguy

I have started the Coqui Repatriation Assessment Project- C.R.A.P. Send me $25 and I'll see what I can do to send a coqui home to Puerto Rico. Might as well throw some of those millions my way.

Make sure it's 1-st class[Smile]
We heard plenty of chirping last night.

Carrie Rojo

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." Barack Obama
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
They're baaaaaaccckkk.

Cheers,
Jerry