Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bread Recipe
Ya know, I would love to! I was just thinking it would be fun to get a group & have a bread party. We can each try recipies then stuff ourselves silly. The carbohydrate to sugar buzz a few hours later would be a hoot too! Lemme see if my boss needs me all week. If not I'll come by to make bread & do my 'up the hill' errands!

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
I've heard that if you put wet bricks in the oven with the bread it gives it a thick chewey crust like on a french loaf.
For that really nice dark crisp finish, you brush on an egg wash (egg and water, beaten). Yummy!

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
What I do to create a nice warm micro climate when letting my dough rise, is to microwave a cup of water to boil then leave in in the corner of the microwave. I cover the bowl with a towel and put it in with that hot water.

It drastically cuts down the rise time.

I like to make raisin bread and Jalepeno/chedder.

Add caraway seeds and cocoa for a pumpernicle.

Get you a 18x18 inch piece of natural tile and you can bake awesome pizza or artisan style breads on it.
I conducts heat into and moisture away. for that great crust.
quote:
Originally posted by hooligal

Ya know, I would love to! I was just thinking it would be fun to get a group & have a bread party. We can each try recipies then stuff ourselves silly. The carbohydrate to sugar buzz a few hours later would be a hoot too! Lemme see if my boss needs me all week. If not I'll come by to make bread & do my 'up the hill' errands!

A group would be fun and to kick it up, invite a group who make jams
and jelly come along for the shared tasting! Warm homemade bread with butter and homemade jam.... YUM!

"From knowledge comes understanding"
"From knowledge comes understanding"
In a few months, I am going to have my wood burning oven built. When I do, I plan to put out an open invitation for communal baking days, You bring your dough and take home your bread and we munch on pizza in between.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com