Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police didn't take it seriously....
From the Tribune Herald

Click Here

Quote:

Three ice cream bandits busted
Published: Sunday, June 14, 2009 8:15 AM HST
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii (AP) -- Failed burglars made off with little more than soda and ice cream when they couldn't lug a shop's cumbersome safe through a lava field.

The thieves cut Swing Zone's power and phone lines, disabled the store's alarm system and broke the activity center's safe off its cement platform.

But all they got away with was five cases of soda, 8 gallons of ice cream, four cases of Spam and $8 in cash during the April 29 burglary.

Swing Zone General Manager Nita Chatfield said police didn't take the crime seriously, so she and her boyfriend staked out the lava field with baseball bats and pepper spray.

When three people showed up the next night, the couple forced them to the ground and called police.

Police arrested Pua Taketa, 19; Noel Taketa, 19; and Noa Mamala, 18.

End quote.

Swing Zone staff should get a prize....
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
that's a lot of spam musubis and root beer floats.

kudos to the manager and her boyfriend!

but, do you think they put themselves in harm's way?

-----------------------

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

In this day and age, I'm half surprised the cops didn't arrest the good guys for taking the law into their own hands.
[:0]WHAT?!? How can you not take seriously a robbery that ended with a safe in a lava field? Lack of evidence?

Aloha pumehana,
Brian and Mary
Lynnwood, WA\Discovery Harbour
Aloha pumehana,
Brian and Mary
Lynnwood, WA\Discovery Harbour
In reading the entire story, I also noted that they had stolen a golf cart from somewhere and used/destroyed it as well. Did you notice how few charges were levied against these three?
I always like to see the hometown folks make good, but what HPD needs is new outside blood at the top. The commission needs to hire a new chief from a larger progressive mainland department to change the culture in the department. After a few years it can revert back to local only. I realize this will never happen.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
How did you read further? I couldn't find anything more on this story.

Carrie Rojo

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com

"...So began the massacre of the Shaolin Temple and all sixty of the monks inside at the fists of the White Lotus. And so began the legend of Pai Mei's five-point-palm-exploding-heart technique." - Bill
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...wner’s+ire

If the link works at all I'm sure you will have to copy and paste into your adress bar.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

In a rural Alaska community I worked in several youths were apprehended red-handed late one night by a teacher. They had made a huge mess and done a bunch of damage while ripping off the school's concessions stand inventory of soda, ice cream, and candy and were attempting to batter their way into the school office safe (bashing it with a sledge hammer and trying to chisel off the hinges) when the lights went on. The whole building could have been lost -at huge expense- since they had pried open exterior doors late at night in winter when pipes can easily freeze solid.

The local police being a reflection of the local community, nothing came of it. The consequences were next to nothing.

A couple years later one of the youths was convicted of rape and murder. Another shot himself in the head and died (the net was tightening; he had been an accomplice to the same drunken rape and murder). The third is now in prison on an unrelated matter.

The moral of the story is that it is better, imho, to take such matters more seriously and provide an effective intervention with wayward youth early on while still possible to do so.

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

Pres. John Adams, Scholar and Statesman

"There's a scientific reason to be concerned and there's a scientific reason to push for action. But there's no scientific reason to despair."

NASA climate analyst Gavin Schmidt

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(
)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(

Astonishing skill! This archer is a real-life Legolas and then some!
http://geekologie.com/2013/11/real-life-...rs-anc.php

)'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'( )'(
I tend to agree with you on the early intervention. If values aren't taught at home and learned to be respected, then sometimes a reality dose including a large dose of no privileges what so ever can have an effect on the future actions and choices of the young perpetrators.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA