Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap eats on Oahu.
Recommendation for cheap food or favorite place on Oahu please.

Aloha
Wyatt

"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
OK, you said cheap, not elegant. The Thai eatery in the food court of the International Marketplace is really good and reasonable. Bear and I have been to Thailand too many times to count, and this place is very good for the price. The green chicken curry made me think I was back in Chiang Mai the first time I ever tasted this classic dish.

Cheers,
Jerry
Ola Wyatt, since you said favorite place, the wifey and I love the Shorebird...

It is an open-air grill it yourself place. Right on the water/Waikiki, fun setting, ono food...

Here is the link. Mind you, it is not that cheap. But definitely worth it, if you have time and money. Also, check and see if they have any early bird specials, kamaaina specials, etc.

http://shorebirdwaikiki.com/about.htm

I'm a big fan of Tiki's Bar and Grill. Not cheap but a great value. Never had a bad meal there and the service has always been very good.
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
any of the food court eateries at ala moana. there's lots of other restaurants at ala moana that aren't that cheap, but good. even the major department stores have their own. all good.

looking for asian? try one of the many downtown honolulu restaurants.

my favs: roy's hawai'i kai, indigo downtown and chai's island bistro at the aloha tower market place. all of which are not too spendy. sorta in the medium price range.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

kimchee2 in kaimuki, diegos taco's, phuket thai

(Korean) Choi's Family Restaurant on King Street, Soon's at the Moanalua Shopping Center; (Japanese) Kikuya in Kaneohe on Kahuhuipa Street; Local plate lunches - KJ's in Windward City Shopping Center-the best fried chicken; Ezogiku for Japanese curry; Dot's in Wahiawa for hamburger steak; Rainbow Drive-In-local plate lunches; May May in Kaneohe-assorted; (Chinese)Kin Wah in Kaneohe or New Mui Kwai in Kailua; others will come to mind.

dean
mmm. choi's. rainbow drive-in for the teri/bbq beef and boneless chicken/brown gravy plate lunches and hash and eggs for breakfast. may-may for their pork hash. yes, definitely. and new mui kwai for their won ton mein, any and all noodle dishes, roast duck and cold ginger chicken. ezokigu for their shoyu ramen. rai rai ramen in kailua for their fried rice, soups and dumplings.

w. james

w. james

Never go to Oahu without getting a dozen masaladas from Leonards on Kapahulu Ave.

Aloha pumehana,
Brian and Mary
Lynnwood, WA\Discovery Harbour
Aloha pumehana,
Brian and Mary
Lynnwood, WA\Discovery Harbour
If you like great italian, try cafe sistina on king street. mant entrees under $20

really great indian at cafe majarani, also on king, further south

creative and cheap pacific/local choices at kakaako kitchen, near ward center... also wahoo's fish tacos nearby

Nothing in this universe makes sense. Its not supposed to... You get to construct your own concepts if you are lucky... Unlucky if you believe what some one else tells you is the truth.

"nothing in this universe makes sense. Its not supposed to... You get to construct your own concepts if you are lucky... Unlucky if you believe what some one else tells you is the truth."