Cheap eats on Oahu.
Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Mahalo
Wyatt

"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
cholos homestyle mexican restaurant....northshore Haleiwa.
try the chili verde platter
peace
forgot to mention big city diner for local flavors.

happy eating!

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Rosies cantina is better, cholos always makes me have a stomach ache.

quote:
Originally posted by rusty h

cholos homestyle mexican restaurant....northshore Haleiwa.
try the chili verde platter
peace

we loved to eat at rosie's. is it still open? could be wrong, thought i heard some time ago that there were lease problems? perhaps it was anther eatery?

w. james

w. james

I dont if Rosie's open anymore, I haven't been to north shore in many years, the family used to goto Tuesday taco night there and it was great!

quote:
Originally posted by kani-lehua

we loved to eat at rosie's. is it still open? could be wrong, thought i heard some time ago that there were lease problems? perhaps it was anther eatery?

w. james

Not cheap, not elegant. Stop at the Safeway Grocery on Kapahulu Ave. Get a 6 pack of Hinano. Drive toward the ocean and stop at Ono Seafood for a large container of their creamy ahi poke. Sit in the parking lot facing the road, drink Hinano, eat poke. Drive down to Kapiolani Beach park and watch the sun set. Eat more poke, drink more Hinano.
Elegant, not cheap. Keo's Thai Cuisine in Waikiki. We had a fabulous time. If you don't eat or drink as much as we did you might get out with a reasonable tab. Romantic, elegant, full of beautiful flowers. Good food.
teddys burgers across from the zoo, yummy.
peace