Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Ocean Entry Yet, Surface Flows in Royal Gardens
quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

If anyone cares to share in advance when conditions look good up there, I would love it. It's disappointing to drive an hour each way only to hit fog, drizzle, and no glow.

hey kathy! yep it's hard to predict, and even when things are happening, to expect any condition to remain. with that said the best indicator for me is the web cams that points down into the vent.. at:

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/hvo/cams/HMcam/

if you can see molten material in that view, during the day, then you will see lots of glow (if those same conditions persist) in the night. if all you see in that web cam view is a wash.. ie no detail just gas... then there is less of a chance you'll see glow in the evening.

btw.. I am posting this now.. because when you asked your question there was little going on.. and now (11:30am Sunday) it appears to be pretty active indeed.. ie probable good conditions this evening.. if conditions persist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Ocean Entry Yet, Surface Flows in Royal Gardens - by missydog1 - 01-16-2010, 02:10 PM
RE: No Ocean Entry Yet, Surface Flows in Royal Gardens - by missydog1 - 01-16-2010, 06:22 PM
RE: No Ocean Entry Yet, Surface Flows in Royal Gardens - by dakine - 01-18-2010, 07:45 AM
RE: No Ocean Entry Yet, Surface Flows in Royal Gardens - by missydog1 - 01-18-2010, 09:30 AM