Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you visit friends in Hawaii....
Stillhope,
I am guessing your rather disjointed and incoherent post is aimed at me so I will respond.

Believe it or not, most of the universe has no idea that Punaweb exists, including all of my friends and family who came and visited this winter. So no, I was not posting here for them to see it. That would be a very strange and backhanded thing to do, and I wonder about the thinking processes of the mind that would jump to that conclusion.

Secondly, we had non stop back to back visitors from mid December until the end of February, so we really had no chance to evaluate the impact until they were all gone and we got a breather. I posted here so others could learn from my experience, and know to have those frank conversations or emails BEFORE their guests arrive. We will be following Kapohocat's example and are drafting a simple set of house rules to send our guests before their arrival. There are also many people from the mainland who read Punaweb and stay with friends and family when they come visit, and this thread may raise a little awareness on their part. From other poster's comments who have also been through this, it is very clear that this experience is not unique to us.

Finally, you do not know me personally, or how I treated my guests, so accusing me of not having aloha is presumptuous and judgmental of you. If you do not have something constructive to add to a thread, just stay out of it, instead of doing the internet equivalent of shouting by using a big font and bright colors while making statements for which you have no factual basis.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb

Messages In This Thread
When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by csgray - 03-09-2010, 03:36 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by dcl - 03-09-2010, 05:40 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by Guest - 03-09-2010, 06:16 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by missydog1 - 03-09-2010, 07:35 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by dmbwest - 03-09-2010, 11:15 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by dcl - 03-11-2010, 04:13 AM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by csgray - 03-11-2010, 06:01 AM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by missydog1 - 03-11-2010, 02:52 PM