Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you visit friends in Hawaii....
Carol - Wish my last two guests (who stayed at different times) could have read your first post! And I thought I had two guests from hell! Sure, having people as friends or relatives are not the same as having them visit, or travel with you; but I did expect CONSIDERATION! I can't imagine not asking what time schedule my hosts need, what they prefer as to household utilities usage, food preferences, etc. My last two guests did little but complain, eat things I'd planned to use for OUR meals, use MY car, etc., while I did little but explain, defend, clean up after them, make do with limited ingredients for meals, etc. After I'd shopped for items for several breakfasts, one refused to eat in, then an hour later wanted me to take them out "for a bite." No restaurants within five miles notwithstanding! The last guest, after a week of non-stop whining, negative comparisons with everywhere else, and my final weak defenses, I finally said, at the airport, "I'm sorry you didn't seem to have a good time." "Are you kidding? I had a wonderful time!" Well, you could have fooled me!! They must have been awful guests elsewhere too!
It's true, however, you have to get all the rules straight BEFORE you play a game - or have guests. But one would think common courtesy . . .!!!!

Messages In This Thread
When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by csgray - 03-09-2010, 03:36 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by dcl - 03-09-2010, 05:40 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by Guest - 03-09-2010, 06:16 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by missydog1 - 03-09-2010, 07:35 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by dmbwest - 03-09-2010, 11:15 PM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by dcl - 03-11-2010, 04:13 AM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by Sherrill Watson - 03-11-2010, 07:55 AM
RE: When you visit friends in Hawaii.... - by missydog1 - 03-11-2010, 02:52 PM