Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking kindergarten 7th and 8th grade students
Due to a fluke of demographics and an unusually large number of students moving to the mainland this summer, the 7th and 8th grades at Connections Public Charter School have a few openings for this school year still available. We added another kindergarten, so that has openings as well.

Our students stay with the same teacher for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade, then a different teacher for 4th 5th and 6th grade. This looping allows the teachers to become real experts on the needs of those students. I am not sure which classes have openings for elementary at this time.

Connections offers small class sizes (no bigger than 22 for middle school), personal attention, and a genuinely supportive environment. Electives include the Makery project featuring high tech laser cutters and 3-D printers, ukulele classes with Cyril Pahinui, ocean swimming, drama, and art.

Bus transportation is available from much of Puna. Applications can be picked up at the Connections office in the Kress building on the Hilo Bayfront.

Carol

edited to revise openings
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb

Messages In This Thread
Seeking kindergarten 7th and 8th grade students - by csgray - 06-14-2012, 12:08 PM
RE: Seeking kindergarten 7th and 8th grade students - by missydog1 - 06-24-2012, 07:48 PM
RE: Seeking kindergarten 7th and 8th grade students - by missydog1 - 06-25-2012, 08:14 AM