Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
County Budget review and analysis. Can you help?
David, if looking for the very specifics to account for each penny, you really need to do a public record request and have an accountant standing by. What I did was take the total health care entitlement participants across all areas; active, retired, statutory, etc. That gave me a per participant yearly/monthly employer contribution amount. I took the percentages enrolled in each plan. That gave me a ballpark number of participants in each plan type. Using the published rates per employer contribution of each plan, it generally comes out to the 42 mil.

Now, the cost per plan is set, so there is no playing with that. What you need is the exact number of covered participants for Hawaii County, if single, family or what, and which plan they are on. Using the information from the public records request, you can use the published rates from EUTF and get the County’s cost that month for health care coverage.

Since coverage changes from time to time (someone gets married and now add their spouses) or employees leave or change status, and this is the proposed budget based on a potential increase in rates, not the current published rates, you won't get a down to the penny balance, but it will be within a reasonable projection.

Messages In This Thread
RE: County Budget review and analysis. Can you help? - by Bob Orts - 03-31-2010, 03:56 PM