Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of the “Humane” Society
Well, let’s see…

Animal abuse might be less common if the officer bothered to get out of the vehicle and look around. If he just honks and drives off at those 500 houses, nothing will ever change, will it?

I expected him to get out of the truck and walk to the far side of the house and look through the six-foot chain link fence to see if there was food or water or shelter. He didn’t have to attempt to enter that enclosure, just look in, which he could not do from the truck parked halfway up the center driveway. If there was nothing visible, he could at least leave a notice. Sorry, but I don’t think that is too much to ask. By the way, I could not see the dogs at the fence, and they never barked - most unusual.

You’re right, I have little use of my own back yard because of those dogs, and it‘s been at least four years. I have chosen to retreat rather than fight with this rather odd and unfriendly neighbor. I have spoken with her parents (home owners) who seem to think she can do no wrong and that includes allowing her dogs to come over my four-foot fence into my yard, two episodes I can document. That is why she no longer speaks to me. A couple of years ago I did get them to install another taller fence five feet on their side of my fence but they never ran it all the way to the back fence and now it’s gone so…? Unfortunately, I can’t afford to install a rott-proof fence between our lots. I did find out who they have their homeowners insurance with and wonder if informing that company of the situation may be of some benefit. Meanwhile, I was able to cross-fence my yard so I have a sturdy fence between front and back and feel relatively safe if I stay on the front side. Sad but true.

use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.

Messages In This Thread
Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by Lin W - 11-26-2010, 09:28 AM
RE: Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by Lin W - 11-26-2010, 10:29 AM
RE: Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by missydog1 - 11-26-2010, 02:53 PM
RE: Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by missydog1 - 11-28-2010, 12:05 PM
RE: Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by missydog1 - 11-29-2010, 08:23 AM
RE: Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by missydog1 - 11-29-2010, 06:13 PM
RE: Speaking of the “Humane” Society - by missydog1 - 11-30-2010, 08:52 AM