Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Joesph High School

I attended a Catholic school from 6th through 8th grade, it was a valuable education in the ways of the world for me. As a white-anglo-protestant-male, I had never been discriminated against before. This particular school slighted me in ways subtle, direct and grossly blown out of proportion (the latter were actually funny, after I realized that the Nun wasn't really going to do anything other than yell at me in front of everyone while holding me off the ground by my shirt collar).

In the end, it was a big lesson in not sweating the petty little stuff that people thought was so important. I was cheated out of participating at the track meet, I had to pay disproportionate fines for damage to textbooks, and I was made fun of. In the end, they didn't actually hurt me any more than they hurt each other in the normal course of events - it was a much less damaging place than the public schools, which even back then were much more into the sex and drugs than the Catholics were in 6th to 8th grade.

For 9th grade on, my parents and I decided to go with the drug culture school instead of the Catholics, the catholic high school was just too wierd, and I handled the druggies o.k.

Messages In This Thread
St. Joesph High School - by Johnnycake - 01-22-2011, 06:23 PM
RE: St. Joesph High School - by frankiestapleton - 01-22-2011, 06:38 PM
RE: St. Joesph High School - by TrevorKane - 01-23-2011, 11:30 PM
RE: St. Joesph High School - by dmbwest - 01-24-2011, 04:26 AM
RE: St. Joesph High School - by pslamont - 01-24-2011, 07:32 AM
RE: St. Joesph High School - by pslamont - 01-24-2011, 07:34 AM
RE: St. Joesph High School - by Johnnycake - 01-24-2011, 04:21 PM