Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini trucks doing 60 miles per gallon
Thank you Carey,
will look into the Fords as you suggested.

To Dee,
thank you for that link on craigslist. yes thats a similar truck
that i would be interested in but that one does not
have a vin number, no EPA sticker and no title, so without and EPA sticker wich is federal safety standard sticker, it would not pass the safety check, so yes the truck is simular to what i want just not with the right papers. I did call the Hilo DMV today and they told me that if the truck has an EPA sticker, then it should pass safety check here in hawaii, and if anything passes the safety check then it could be registered and put on the road with plates. i am still leary about it, looking into it as i am not entirely sure if all of it is acutally true.

to Pog, i don't have the link to the dealership, but the guy i talked to was named Bob and he works with www.best-used-tractors.com, i am going to get his number from my husband, he wrote it down somewheres and will post it soon. if you call bestused and ask for bob to call you back in california, he will and talk to you about the trucks and paperwork.

and to someone who said 750lb aint much to carry, i agree but for short trips to hilo to get food, or go to work or load a few things at home depot or go to the beach off road, or move stuff on your farm, or haul some trees in buckets, ext, its ideal as oppose to taking a regular truck and getting a lousy 17 miles to a gallon. with gas going up and soon to hit 4 bucks and probably more, its something really to consider, a very small truck instead of a big monster you see being driven all over the place.

Messages In This Thread
Mini trucks doing 60 miles per gallon - by mary - 02-02-2011, 03:14 PM
RE: Mini trucks doing 60 miles per gallon - by dmbwest - 02-02-2011, 05:27 PM
RE: Mini trucks doing 60 miles per gallon - by mary - 02-03-2011, 01:30 PM
RE: Mini trucks doing 60 miles per gallon - by dmbwest - 02-03-2011, 05:36 PM