Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state"
There is a study today that came out by "Sentier Research" that is posted on CNBC's website under "economy". In the last 4 years, the only group who's income has not decreased when adjusted for inflation- was the group of 65-74 yr olds. I am hoping that some retirees in Hawaii in that age group will voluntarily not take social security. It appears that this is a radical concept, but I hope it is one that takes hold. Hawaii has a disproportionate amount of people on food stamps and other assistance. I want each and every poor person given food, shelter, and transportation. I do not want to see families living in cardboard boxes, like I have seen in Mexico. The blue tarp shelters really bother me, and the children that often live there. IT is often "wealthy retirees" that relocate to Hawaii, and it is that population that I hope to convince. IF more money is left for the gov't to distribute- and it doesnt matter which "pot it's in"- eventually our elected officials will "raid the trust funds again" -in an effort to redistribute the wealth. Hawaii is a much more generous state than Texas where I previously lived, and I can see that the poor people here are better cared for. I am so happy to see this. I want this to continue, and it will take money for the short term, and hopefully, eventually jobs.

Messages In This Thread
Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by unknownjulie - 08-23-2013, 02:10 AM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM