Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog Mess at New Water Station
If you take the kitty to the Kea'au Humane Society, they will most likely kill it. It is a kill shelter for cats. There are sanctuaries that are non kill.

If a cat taken to the HIHS is not adopted in a very short time, it is euthanized. Cats that are not sorted into "good adoption prospect" when they come in are killed the same day. Any cat that acts wild or tries to scratch, even it is scared, will be killed as a feral.

This is what I was told when one of my cats went missing and I called to see if it had ended up there. They told me if it had been brought in, it would be dead already, even though she was a well fed and spayed cat who was obviously a loved pet -- they wouldn't care because she was a real nervous kitty who doesn't like to have anyone but me hold her.

It was really hard for a pet owner with a missing cat to hear all this very cold policy.

The only thing that would save a pet from death would be a chip or one of their tags on the collar. Mine had tags and was registered, but wearing a breakaway collar, when it comes off, bye bye tag and good luck finding it.

So when she came home again (whew!) I had my cats chipped at the next clinic, and would recommend the same to anyone who adopts an island born kitty.

The ones people bring over are all chipped of course. I have a soft spot for Siamese and would have been tempted. It is true though that they cost a lot to keep properly.

ETA -- sorry to continue the cat tangent, but when I saw this I was worried the kitten would end up at HIHS.

Messages In This Thread
Dog Mess at New Water Station - by Morningstar - 08-31-2011, 04:51 PM
RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - by getty62 - 09-02-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - by wjbillock - 09-02-2011, 04:18 PM
RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - by bystander - 09-02-2011, 06:15 PM
RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - by SBH - 09-03-2011, 02:27 AM
RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - by Bullwinkle - 09-03-2011, 03:39 AM
RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - by getty62 - 09-03-2011, 11:19 AM
RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - by leilaniguy - 09-07-2011, 06:55 AM
RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - by missydog1 - 09-07-2011, 03:13 PM
RE: Dog Mess at New Water Station - by missydog1 - 09-07-2011, 08:20 PM