Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP Road Maint. Fees post 2012/13-County control?
Beejee, those of us who have observed the HPP road situation for a number of years can tell you not to expect any relier from the County. A big reason the County's offer to put a park in HPP was voted down was the County's refusal to help maintain even a single road leading to the park, never mind the rest.

But don't feel bad about not knowing this, beejee. When Councilman Fred Blas appeared before the HPP Committee on PMAR, his last remark when someone pointed out that PMAR could increase wear and tear on our private roads was, "Why don't you just give them to the County?" This was a simply breathtaking display of ignorance by the guy who is supposed to represent Puna at the County Council. If he doesn't get it, I think we can forgive beejee.

Meanwhile, we are on our own unless the legislature passes the fuel tax sharing legislation. Even then, I honestly believe the County of Hawaii would try to find a way not to do it unless forced. So in the meantime, I suggest that all HPP property owners participate in the business of the hui. There is a General Membership Meeting at 3 p.m. on Sunday, October 30 where anyone can make motions which are binding as long as they don't conflict with Hawaii law or the Association By-Laws. It is possible to influence how we deal with the financial realities of a $12 million bond and on-going maintenance costs. It's called participation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HPP Road Maint. Fees post 2012/13-County control? - by JerryCarr - 09-29-2011, 04:51 PM