Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Snub-nosed dogs" denied on Hawaiian Airlines?
I don't have a snub-nosed dog. She has a long, kissable spotted nose. But I can tell you that getting my (our?) dog here was the second most difficult aspect of my move for many reasons, and it is not done yet. She arrives on 12/22 direct from LAX to KOA, without the layover at HNL. Anecdotally, it is the interisland flights that on rare occasions create physical problems with pug-nosed pups and not the mainland flight to the islands. The layover adds several hours to the ordeal the inter-island flights are the weak link in the chain (per informed hearsay, the issue is pressurization, not heat). I would Google this and I wouldn't worry too much --serious incidents are rare. By the same token, I might be tempted NOT to bring my dog over for just a month (I didn't). And, if possible, I would choose a direct flight to KOA, met by a veterinarian (I did).

Welcome back and have a great time on island!

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Snub-nosed dogs" denied on Hawaiian Airlines? - by Kelena - 12-04-2011, 03:40 PM
RE: "Snub-nosed dogs" denied on Hawaiian Airlines? - by missydog1 - 12-07-2011, 12:25 PM